seven

Minutes later Lauren was opening the passenger side door for Camila, who crawled out excitedly and began walking in the complete opposite direction of the store. Shaking her head, Lauren ran after her and grabbed her hand.

"This way," Lauren laughed. Camila held onto her hand tightly, skipping behind Lauren with an excited smile on her face. Lauren led them both into the store, ignoring the confused stares from the other customers when Camila continued to skip once they were inside.

Lauren grabbed two of the bowls from the counter and handed one to Camila. "Do you know how to do this?"

Camila looked at her blankly and Lauren sighed. "Here, I'll show you," she led Camila, who was still holding her hand, over to the wall of self-serve yogurt.

"These are the flavors," she nodded to the pictures at the top of the machines. Camila nodded and studied each one intently. Lauren let go of her hand so she could hold her bowl underneath the machine that dispensed Cookies&Cream flavored yogurt.

"See, you just pull the lever and—," Lauren paused when she turned around and saw Camila already filling up her cup with banana flavored frozen yogurt. She ran over and stopped the lever just before Camila's cup overflowed.

"That's enough for now," Lauren laughed. Camila pouted.

"Again," she pointed to the machine, going to fill up her cup even more. Lauren shook her head quickly and pulled Camila over to the Cookies&Cream machine.

"Here," she handed Camila her empty cup. "You can fill up mine with this one."

Camila nodded happily, taking Lauren's bowl but walking over to a different machine. Before Lauren could stop her, Camila was filling her cup with Raspberry flavored yogurt. Lauren shook her head, sighing and accepting the cup back from a satisfied Camila.

"There's toppings over there," she pointed to the counter next to them. Lauren grabbed Camila's hand before she could run over and followed her. "Don't use too many."

Camila nodded, bending down and studying all of her different options. Lauren was adding strawberry slices into her cup when Camila tapped her on the shoulder and proudly held up her frozen yogurt, which was now covered neatly with banana slices.

"You really like bananas, don't you?" Lauren asked, laughing softly.

"Yes, yellow," Camila nodded. She smiled proudly, and Lauren led her over to the cashier. They set their cups down on the scale and Lauren paid. She sent a warning glare to the man behind the counter when he began eyeing Camila, who was clapping her hands in excitement. He quickly gave her the change and she thanked him.

Lauren handed Camila a spoon, walking over to one of the tables. Camila saw down, crossing her legs underneath her in the small chair. Lauren laughed, sitting down across from her and taking a bite of her ice cream. She hadn't expected to like the Raspberry flavor, but it was actually pretty good.

Camila started eating her ice cream by picking the bananas off and popping them into her mouth one by one. Lauren watched as Camila happily chewed on her food. She looked up from her bowl and smiled widely at Lauren.

"Is it good?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yellow," Camila nodded, as if it were a completely reasonable answer. By now, Lauren had realized that it was to Camila.

"Pink," Lauren pointed to her cup. Camila nodded excitedly, smiling at Lauren as if she'd just unlocked one of the deepest secrets of the world. Lauren liked that feeling.

Camila finished half of her ice cream before she looked up at Lauren nervously. Noticing this, Lauren pointed to her cup. "Are you full?"

Camila nodded slowly. Lauren just nodded and took both of their cups, throwing them away. She saw the smaller girl sigh in relief, wondering why it bothered her so much to tell her when she was full.