05. eve's tits.

F I V E
eve's tits.

Otto could feel herself slipping.

Wes had put her up on a tightrope strung thousands of feet in the air, he stood at the end and shook the rope back and forth. Trying to make her fall.

She refused to let herself fall, she was stronger than that now. She had built her walls well, they were supposedly impenetrable. But she foolishly assumed that she was without weak spots.

Wes had taken her to his house, she was far too in her own head to protest. He had to open her door for her, unclicked her seatbelt and practically dragged her out of the car. That entire night she was borderline catatonic, he only returned her home once he was sure her parents would be asleep. He couldn't have them find Otto in the state she was in.

He was terrifyingly calculated.

The next morning she had moved past it. She was over it.

It was a mistake. A simple miscommunication. And you can't hold those sorts of things against someone. An eye for an eye and the whole world is blind. She guessed it kinda fit her situation.

Getting out of bed she readied herself for the day, it was a weekend so she didn't have anywhere to be.

She decided she'd head to the Chateau, there was always a few of her friends there. She wanted company. She didn't want to be alone to stew in her thoughts, they were depressing and scary.

Walking down the lavish staircase the kitchen was underneath her she overheard a conversation she wished she never knew about. "I think we're nearing the point where you'll need oxygen support. You may not need it while resting at this time, but your oxygen levels while moving are concerning."

Continuing down the stairs she made sure to make her steps loud, knowing the conversation would cease if her parents knew she was there. Otto didn't like knowing about her Father's condition, she liked to be blissfully ignorant; her parents, while not supporting this, wouldn't pressure her into conversations she wanted no part of.

Once outside she tilted her chin up to the sky, the tears that began to accumulate were not welcome.

She wasn't going to cry. Instead, she got into her car and drove to the other side of the small island. Parking out the front of the house and on the pothole riddled road.

There was no point knocking on the front door, instead everyone always walked around to the back of the house. It was where everyone congregated.

As she rounded the corner she heard music being played, although she couldn't hear any conversation.

"Holy shit! Otto are you trying to kill me." JJ practically jumped out of his skin when the brunette plopped on the seat across from him. The music coupled with his high had numbed him to his surroundings.

Quickly scanning the verandah she realised there was no one else, just her and JJ.

"Yes. That was my intention. Bummer it didn't work." She said grumpily.

She was more grumpy than usual and it didn't go unnoticed by JJ. She wasn't hiding her feelings as successfully as normal.

He didn't know how to go about helping her. He wasn't good at feelings, emotions or anything of the sort. He always found himself clumsily saying the wrong things. Always unintentionally making things worse.

Needing all the help he good he filled his lungs to the brim with the intoxicating air he consumed through the blunt.

"You look angry." He said with uncertainty.