twelve

Before Lauren could respond, the bedroom door burst open, causing the older girl to immediately scramble away from Camila. Unfortunately, this caused her to fall backwards onto the floor, groaning in annoyance.

"Dinner's ready," Dinah smirked from the door. Lauren glared at her, only to earn a wink from the Polynesian girl. At the mention of dinner, Camila clapped her hands excitedly. Without another word, the small girl hopped out of bed and shuffled down the hallway.

Dinah walked over, extending a hand to Lauren to help the older girl off the floor. Shooting her roommate an annoyed glare, Lauren accepted the help and brushed off her pants once she got to her feet. Camila was already long gone. Dinah held out her hand for Lauren to wait before they went downstairs.

"What did I interrupt?" Dinah raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Lauren snapped, shaking her head. "What are you even talking about?"

Dinah sighed, crossing her arms and giving Lauren a knowing look.

"What?" Lauren huffed.

"Obviously something's going on between you two," Dinah nodded in the direction Camila had gone. "It's pretty obvious."

Lauren's face faltered for a moment but she quickly composed herself. "There's nothing going on," she said firmly, nodding once before walking past Dinah and out of the room.

"If you say so," Dinah sighed. She followed Lauren down the stairs, but grabbed her hand before they reached a kitchen. "But if there was something going on, I'd make sure to tell you to be careful," she whispered.

Lauren's stomach dropped, and she turned to face Dinah. "Well good thing there isn't anything going on, then," she said simply before disappearing in the direction of the kitchen. Dinah sighed at her friend's stubbornness.

"Lolo, look!" Camila hopped in front of Lauren and held up a yellow bowl of mac and cheese. Lauren raised an eyebrow at Dinah, who only shrugged.

"It was all we had," Normani passed Lauren her own bowl over the counter. The older girl sighed, grabbing a fork and following her roommates into the living room. Before Camila had shown up, the four roommates usually ate dinner at separate times in separate places. Now, they all ate together. Lauren hadn't realized how much she'd missed spending time with them.

As usual, Dinah, Normani, and Ally all took up the couches, purposely leaving no room for Lauren. Not that she minded, though. The green eyed girl sat down on the floor a few feet away from Camila, who smiled widely at her with a mouthful of food.

"Someone's in a better mood," Normani commented, nodding towards Camila. Dinah and Ally both nodded in agreement.

"It's cause Lauren's home," Dinah smirked. Lauren glared at her, but it obviously didn't affect the younger girl. "It's pretty obvious how much Camila loves Lauren."

"Yes," Camila nodded once, as if she were confirming what Dinah had said. "I love Lolo. I want to kiss Lolo," she said casually, taking another bite of her food. Lauren, however, nearly choked on her own food. She looked to her roommates, who looked just as shocked.

"What did you say, Camila?" Dinah glanced at the other girl. Camila looked up and tilted her head to the side.

"What?"

Sighing, Dinah send Lauren a look of confusion, which the older girl quickly returned. Lauren's heart was pounding against her chest, and she swore everyone in the room was able to hear it. Had Camila really just said that? She couldn't have. Lauren looked over at the younger girl, who was happily eating her dinner.