seventeen

All five girls sat on a circle on the carpet in their living room, deciding to talk instead of watching TV during dinner.

Lauren remembered something and got up, jogging over to the door and grabbing the shopping bag from earlier that day. She sat back down with a small smile on her face and plopped the bag on the floor in front of Camila.

"I got you something," Lauren smiled softly. Dinah, Ally, and Normani all collectively 'awwww'-ed from their spots on the carpet.

"For me?" Camila asked, a small smile appearing on her face. Lauren nodded and Camila clapped her hands excitedly. "Open?"

"Go on," Lauren motioned to the bag. Camila giggled and pulled the bag into her lap, digging inside and pulling out the bright yellow hoodie Lauren had bought.

"Yellow!" Camila squealed. She immediately hugged the sweatshirt to her chest and smiled widely. "Thank you, you're welcome," she crawled over and tackled Lauren in a bone-crushing hug.

Lauren laughed, nearly falling backwards when Camila wrapped her arms around her. "You're welcome," she giggled. Camila pulled away and looked down at the hoodie, giggling excitedly before leaning in, cupping Lauren's face, and planting a kiss on her lips. This earned various hoots and hollers from their other three roommates.

"Damn," Dinah raised her eyebrows at Lauren when Camila pulled away. Lauren's cheeks grew bright red when she saw all her roommate's eyes on her.

Camila stood up with the hoodie in her hands, peeling off her shirt with no shame and changing into the bright yellow sweatshirt.

"So... what are you guys?" Normani asked, turning to Lauren while Camila got changed. Lauren bit her lip, unsure of how to answer the question. Before she could say anything, Camila beat her to it.

"Mine," Camila nodded once.

All of the other girls grew confused. Camila tugged the sweatshirt over her head and padded back over to Lauren, sitting down in her lap contently.

"Mine," Camila repeated, wrapping her arms around Lauren's neck and smiling widely. "My Lolo."

Lauren's heart fluttered and she quietly wrapped her arms around Camila to keep her in her lap. "You heard her," Lauren nodded towards her roommates. "She's my Camz." Camila giggled eagerly and hid her head in the crook of Lauren's neck.

Dinah and Normani both made gagging noises while Ally smiled widely, pulling out her phone and snapping a picture of the two.

"Y'all are too cute, I'm gonna puke," Normani groaned, sending a playful glare Lauren's way. The three roommates weren't used to Lauren being affectionate with anyone. It was a big change, but one that they considered monumental for the girl.

"Shut up," Lauren muttered, trying, but failing to hide her smile. Dinah hopped to her feet to throw away her trash. Camila took that as a sign that dinner was over, and she grabbed the remote from the couch.

"Are we really going to watch Friends again?" Lauren laughed, raising an eyebrow at the girl in her lap. Camila nodded excitedly and picked another episode, focusing her eyes intently on the screen.

Four episodes of Friends and a bag of popcorn later, all five girls were exhausted. Lauren and Camila were the only ones still awake.

Camila yawned, turning over and smiling sleepily at Lauren. The green eyed girl couldn't help but lean down and kiss the smaller girl's forehead.

"Y'ready to go to bed?" Lauren said quietly, not wanting to wake her other roommates. Camila nodded and pried herself out of the older girl's grasp, shuffling towards the stairs. Lauren followed close behind.