CHAPTER NINETEEN: Shutting Up

***(Y/N) POV***

Several days passed after the attack on Pinbour Haven. The Victoria Punk was stocked with enough gold to keep us all comfortable for a long while, but I didn't care about that.

Kid wouldn't even look at me.

I wasn't sure whether he was angry at me, or if he felt some kind of guilt over what happened, but it was upsetting that he wouldn't even let me get within ten feet of him before leaving. Wire had relayed to me that he had given me permission to leave the ship, with as much gold as I wanted, but to hell with that. I was finally starting to get comfortable.

What happened had been horrific, that was true, but I didn't hold him to blame. Yes, he had been the one to steer me into the situation, but I had willingly gone along with it. Things happen, and circumstances change. That wasn't his fault.

Everyone had started to walk on eggshells around me, treating me like a small, pathetic little girl again, but I put as much of a stop to that as soon as I possibly could. Initially, I had been in shock. Of course I had looked pathetic, but I was dealing with it. Making me feel like a child wasn't going to help.

Swailes had touched me. The second his hand had engulfed my breast, I had gone for my pistol, but he had a genetic advantage over me when it came to strength. He'd hit me, and he'd touched me more, in places that still made me feel like throwing up and breaking down, but that was the extent of it. I had managed to get my hand on my pistol and shoot him clean through the skull before he had gotten any more from me.

Never before had I killed someone so close up with a bullet, and sometimes I could still taste his blood and grey matter in my mouth, spoiling my appetite and making me nauseous. Even so, I was alive, and I was alright. Not perfect, not great, but alright.

Unlike Kid, Killer was almost too attentive, as were Heat and a few of the other guys, but Killer was truly the worst culprit. I appreciated that he wanted to take care of me, but I had grown used to being on my own for so long that it began driving me insane.

I was perfectly fine with him hanging out in my room as I went to sleep, or cooking me food that I wanted, when I could shake my nausea, but I put my foot down when he started just hovering around me for no reason.

"Killer, I'm fine for tonight. Really. You have better things to do." I insisted, blocking my doorway so he couldn't follow me inside as he had done three nights in a row. He shifted from one foot to the other, obviously against the idea of giving me peace.

"Are you sure? I really don't mind keeping you company." He really was trying to help me, I knew that, but there was only so much help I could take before I went bat-shit crazy. Sighing, I offered him a small smile, leaning my head against the door frame.

"You're a saint, but please. I told you, what happened wasn't the worst thing in the world. I'm fine, so don't worry yourself over me." I assured him, but he still lingered, not quite convinced.
"If you're positive. You know where to find me if you change your mind."

He turned to leave, but I found myself reaching out for his speckled sleeve, one thought crossing my mind as he turned back expectantly.
"Kid...Do you think he'll talk to me any time soon? I kinda miss pissing him off..."

I really miss pissing him off.

Deflating a little, but trying not to make it obvious, Killer shrugged his shoulders, letting my hand remain on his sleeve.
"God only knows when it comes to him. Let him stew. He deserves it, the dumb bastard." He muttered, bitterness apparent.

"You don't mean that. Go easy on him, Killer. It wasn't entirely his fault. I'm a dumb bastard too, y'know. It's kind of my brand." I chuckled lightly, trying to ease his tension. Heaving a long sigh, Killer's shoulders slightly bounced up and down, though no sound of laughter came out.
"I suppose it is. Just...wait it out, and he'll start snapping at you again eventually. Goodnight, (Y/N). Sleep well."