Chapter 29

Chase and I left his house. He pulled me towards his car and hurriedly drove away. I have no idea where we are going right now. I don't have the energy to ask him either. I just went away with him. No matter where he takes me, just as long as he's with me, I'm fine with it.

It's as if I drained all my energy after our confrontation. I thought despite all the doubt, that I would still be able to say right in front of him how hard it is to love him.

They say that if you really love someone, you would never think of giving up no matter how tired you are. You can rest, but you cannot give up. Because that's not how it works. That no matter how difficult the situation may be. No matter how vague your reality is, in the end you just have to hope that everything will be fine. You just have to be brave and face all the trials together as you both triumph and succeed.

Leaning my head out the window, I simply looked at Chase's direction. The expression on his face was serious while driving but extreme pain was evident there. He looks very casual. He's far from the usual man I used to see. If before he always looked so strict and formal, wearing his usual office clothes, now he's only wearing a simple t-shirt, faded pants and black slippers.

He doesn't even have any accessories on his body. He's plain and simple right now but he's still as handsome as those international models I've seen in the magazines. Even better.

I turned to the side when his car stopped. We are parked in front of an expensive hotel. When I glanced at Chase, he's gripping the steering wheel so hard that I can already see his greenish veins at the back of his hands. He's looking ahead of him but seems like he's deep in thoughts.

"Why are we here? What are we doing in this place, Chase?" I asked.

He looked at me. Pain doubled in his caramel orbs. "I need to be with you in a private place. Do you mind?"

I shook my head. "Not at all..."

It's already late and here we are. I haven't even been able to let my mom know what time I'll be home. I knew she wouldn't worry anymore because she knew Chase was with me.

Chase nodded his head and sighed. "Wait for me."

He got out of the driver's seat. The door slammed as he closed it. I watched him walk to the other side. He opened the door beside me. Our eyes met.

"Let's go."

He handed me his hand. I reached for it right away then he helped me get down of his car. Holding my hand, we went inside the hotel and went straight to the receptionist. He booked for a Presidential suite.

We were both quiet on the elevator. When we reached the suite and had a glimpse of the huge bed, it's then I finally felt exhausted with what happened today. I feel so tired to even describe how luxurious and elegant the place is.

Chase walked with me until we get to bed. I sat down at the edge of it. He squatted in front of me as he eyed me intently. He placed his hands on my cheek and removed some strands of my hair.

I wanted to look down seeing the pain I see on his eyes while he's intently looking at me. I can see the worry in those eyes — the same emotion I saw the moment I walked out of his room a while ago.

He caressed my cheek through his callous thumb. No words dared to run from our lips. He bowed his head down, took a deep breath before finally looking back at me.

"I'll just take a shower." he said.

I was the first to look away, my heart is heavy because of the situation we are in. I placed my hands over my face as I placed my elbows over my thigh. Heaving a deep sigh, I glanced back to the bathroom as if I could see him through the wooden door.

I stood up and without any doubts, I walked straight to the bathroom. I slowly turned the door knob and opened it. I went in there. The bathroom is spacious, I think it's as big as our living room.

I saw Chase inside the glass shower room. He's facing the tiled wall. His hands were leaning the tiled wall as his head hung low and he lets the water from the shower fall on him.

I took a deep breath. I started to take off the clothes I was wearing as I slowly walked towards where him. I was already near him when I pulled my underwear down and stepped out of it.

I slid the glass door and stepped in. The cold temperature of the water immediately spread to my feet. I'm not sure if he had already felt my presence or not yet because he's not making any move. He still remains bent over.
I walked towards him until I was standing at his back. I wrapped my hands around his chest and let him feel my body. I even leaned the side of my head against his shoulder blades as we both let the cold water run down to us.

Chase breathed a heavy sigh. He removed his hands from the tiled walls and placed his hands above mine.

He turned around. Slowly. Out gazes met. Water droplets were hanging on his thick eyelashes. His hands were now on the small of my waist. While my hands are above his chest.

He took the soap near us and handed it to me. I glanced at it before I look back at him.

"Clean me..." he said like he can read my mind.

"C-Chase—"

"Please. Erase the marks they left on my body."

I took a deep breath. Tears were already threatening to burst out of my eyes but I tried to control them as much as possible.

I got the soap from him. I swallowed hard as I tried so hard to prevent the lump on my throat from forming. I first brushed the soap against his chest, it's slow and careful. I was holding my breath when my hand together with the soap moved down to his stomach. The image of what happened between Allistair and those women suddenly played in my head like thunder of lightning flashing in the dark and starless sky.

My grip on the soap unconsciously hardened. I closed my eyes as fresh set of tears streamed down my already wet cheeks. The soap dropped from my hand along with a sob that escaped my throat.

Chase pulled me closer to him and embraced me with everything he got. He held the back of my head as my face was buried against his chest. I grabbed his waist, my nails almost digging into his skin with the intensity of my grip.

"I'm sorry, baby..." He muttered as he keeps on giving my forehead butterfly kisses. "I'm really sorry."

"I accept, you Chase. I know you don't like what's going on and I understand that. I want to give up on you, my mind is telling me to turn my back on you but my love for you is so strong, it always prevails. I wanted to see you be better... I sobbed. "Even if I have to break myself in the process, I'm more than willing just for you."

From leaning into his chest I looked up at him. He's already staring at me, his eyes dreamy and bloodshot. I brought my hand on his cheeks and caressed it. I smiled at him even though tears keep on escaping from them.

"We will fight this together, Chase. No matter how difficult the path would be. Even if it seems impossible, we will conquer it. I will stay with you no matter what. Even if I break myself—"

"I won't let myself break you," he cut me off through a breathless whisper and leaned his forehead against mine, gazing me intensely into my eyes. "We will win this game together, Allison. And when this is already over, I promise to ask for your hand and marry you."