The Winery and Grapes

(Y/n) blinked as he and his mother came walking up to a nice-sized house, or was it a mansion? With a confused look on his face.

Crepus kept his eyes forward, making sure that no slime or hilichurl would ambush them from the front or the side since he didn't want to frighten (M/n) and (Y/n) at all.

(M/n) rolled her eyes playfully at how her son had quite a skip in his step while trying to keep up to both Kaeya and Diluc due to them both being older and a few inches taller.

Kaeya walked ahead, not wanting to create an awkward conversation with the new child that his father would be watching.

Diluc came to a stop by a grape vine which confused (Y/n) and halted as well. The red-haired boy gave a side glance before plucking a single grape from the vines, silently handing it over to the younger.

(Y/n) eyed at the small piece of fruit in his hands, confused about what to do with it. Looking up, he noticed Diluc picking a grape for himself and plopping it into his mouth.

Casually, he pursued the example and plopped the grape into his mouth and bit into it with the thanks of his back teeth.

Juice sprayed all over his taste buds causing (Y/n) to blink in surprise when he realized how sweet and tart it was.

"Good, isn't it?" Diluc asked, looking down at the (H/c)ette in curiosity.

(Y/n) looked up at Diluc with sparkly eyes and nodded. "Yeah," he agreed happily.

"That's good, maybe I can introduce you to grape juice sooner or later." Diluc states while sighing out in relief.

(Y/n) noticed all the maids that tended to the flowers and other grape vines, gazing at them in wonder.

"Who are they?" (Y/n) asked, looking up at Diluc with a clueless look on his face.

Diluc glanced over to what (Y/n) was looking at before making a sound of realization. "They're maids of the Winery," he answered.

"Huh." (Y/n) mumbled in astonishment since his mother never really allowed anyone in their home.

The (H/c)ette never really had friends but at he had some now! Well, at least he hoped so, anyway.

"Uwah," (Y/n) suddenly cried out as he almost tumbled over his mother's foot.

(M/n) glanced at her son and sighed heavily. Such a troublemaker he was.

(Y/n) felt two hands on his shoulder stopping him from falling face flat and looked up a bit, noticing that Kaeya had saved him.

The (H/c)ette smiled a bit due to the embarrassment. "Thanks," they whispered shyly.

Kaeya just gave a quiet hum before going off.

(Y/n) pouted lightly but said nothing else.

Diluc rolled his eyes at Kaeya's shyness but gave a reassuring smile to the (H/c)ette. "Sorry about him, he's not used to being around new people."

Kaeya made no noise as he moved closer to Crepus' side.

(M/n) pursed her lips together knowing that it's a bad idea to receive help.

"We're only staying here for a month, (Y/n)." She states in a serious tone, her eyes holding nothing but coldness and unsureness.

(Y/n) gazed up at his mother and nodded his head. "Okay!" He replied.

Diluc and Kaeya shared a silent look at each other, wondering where (M/n) and (Y/n) would be heading within the next three or four weeks.

"I have to introduce your mother to the maids, (Y/n). Are you alright staying out here with Diluc and Kaeya?" Crepus asked with a worried look on his face.

(Y/n) blinked for a quick second and nodded. "I'm alright with it!" He beamed with a grin slipping onto his lips.

Crepus gave a small smile and left with (M/n), leaving the three kids behind.

Kaeya looked over at his brother and frowned quietly. "Brother, we have training to get to." He whispered.

Diluc gave a look of understanding of what Kaeya was trying to say. "We should get going soon," he agreed.

(Y/n) looked between the two in confusion. "Training?" They asked with a slight head tilt.

Hearing this question, Diluc grinned a bit. "Of course! Have you ever heard of the Knights of Favonius?" He questioned with a raised brow.

The (H/c) colored child just gave a confused look, not understanding a single word that the red-head had said.

Diluc rolled his eyes in amusement. "Knights of Favonius belong to Mondstadt, they're like...guards," he explained as best as he could to the younger.

(Y/n) eyes widened a bit before hitting an opened palm with a closed fist. "So like a protector in a way?" He asked.

Diluc and Kaeya glanced at each other before looking back at (Y/n), feeling a bit angry at (M/n).

They were angry at her because (Y/n) barely knew anything about the outside world which was dangerous for someone that didn't know their way around Teyvat.

"Close," Kaeya mumbled.

"Why are guys training to become protectors?" (Y/n) curiously asked, (E/c) hues shimmering in awe.

"Well, I wanna help protect Mondstadt." Diluc states with his red eyes shining a bit.

Kaeya stayed quiet as he looked at his feet.

"...Oh," (Y/n) whispered underneath his breath with furrowed brows.

"We can try and sneak you into Mondstadt, it might be kinda hard due to your mother." Diluc states, nudging his head to the woman near his father.

The (H/c)ette looked at the brothers in front of them and gave a wide smile. "That sounds fun, I'm in!"

Diluc smiled back with excitement.

Kaeya just hummed lightly and gave a barely noticeable head nod.

(Y/n) looked up at the sky and silently thanked Barbatos for a chance to see the outside world for a bit.

One day he'll make friends even if they were from different sides or not.