Chpt 30: The Sleepover

That night, at quarter to nine to be exact, Dustin, Robin, Steve and i went to the back off the mall where all the deliveries come in. In the code, it said that they would meet at the mall at quarter to nine aka when blue meets yellow in the west.

And we were right. Well... I was right. We saw big, huge men bringing shipments of boxes into the mall. "Look for imperial panda and kaufman shoes on the boxes" i said. It was raining heavily so rain kept getting on all of our faces.

As we were looking at the people bringing in packages, we finally spotted a box with a big panda on it. "There!" Dustin exclaimed. "What do you think is in there?" Steve asked. "Guns, bombs? Chemical weapons maybe" Robin said.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." "Great. That's great" Steve said sarcastically as he wiped the rain off his face. The men below opened a door which had lots of more boxes inside.

"They all have either kaufman shoes or imperial panda in-printed on them" Dustin said as he looked through his binoculars. "Let me see it" Steve said trying to grab the binoculars off of Dustin. "No!" Dustin exclaimed as he tried to grab them back.

Suddenly, the binoculars hit off the wall causing a loud noise. We all ducked behind the wall as the men with the boxes began looking around. Without noticing, i realised i had grabbed onto Steve's hand.

He gave me a yearning glare before we both let go quickly. We all ran back inside the mall as the men began shouting in Russian.

"I guess we found your Russians" Robin said as we walked through the mall. "Yeah, but what do we do about them?" Dustin asked. "We'll figure it out tomorrow, but for now, we have to just go home and pretend we didn't see anything, alright Henderson?" Steve said.

Dustin nodded. Robin walked towards me and put her arm in mine as we went out to the parking lot. "Evil Russians underneath Hawkins... Pretty cool i guess for a boring town like this" she said.

I laughed at how wrong she was. "Do you want to come to mine tonight?" she asked. I was taken back my her question. "Really?" i questioned ."Well, yea, your my friend and i'm bored" she said. I knew i thought of her as a friend, but i never thought she would.

Typically girls wouldn't like to be friends with me. Boys wouldn't either. No one would really. I don't know why i repel people but it felt nice for Robin to refer to me as her friend.

I gave her a small smile as i nodded. "Steve, can you drop us off at Robins place?" i asked. He gave me a strange look. "Drop both of you off at Robins?" he questioned.

"Yeah... Is that a problem?" Robin questioned. "No it's just... Im surprised you two are close" he said. I rolled my eyes as we got into Steve car.

Once he dropped us off, i looked around at Robins house. It was small but a whole lot bigger than mine. She had paintings of different artwork in her hallway which made the light yellow walls burst with colour.

When we walked into her room, my eyes went straight to the "Fast Times" poster on her wall. "You like fast times? I think i have to leave" i said sarcastically.

"It's a good movie! Are you kidding? You don't like fast times?!" she exclaimed. "I mean, i haven't watched it in a while but from what i remember, no."

She looked at me with pure shock. "Well, it's your lucky day then because i happen to have it right here" she said pulling out the disk. I groaned as Robin laughed. "Fine i'll watch it. But could i try call my dad first?" i asked. "Sure" she said handing me the phone.

I tried to ring the house phone twice but there was no answer. I figured my dad was just working late and i knew El was staying at Maxes. I'll just try call them again later.