66

Nathaniel rolls his eyes. "This family makes me want to murder people-"

"Slade! Slade!" Fallon screams, knocking at the door, before opening it.

Fallon is not strong enough to break my barrier. How the hell...I glance at Nathaniel.

Who let down my fucking barrier?

"She's gone. Again! We were sitting, we were-and she was-I don't understand -"

You've got to be kidding me. Surely this is a mistake, surely no one would try this again?! Orion-

I look at my son. He just told her.

He starts shaking his head, raising his hands. "Father..."

I clench my jaw, going to Orion's temple.

"Come out you coward. Face me. And bring my wife. I will teach a lesson today that you'll not forget."

Humans scatter from his temple in cries of fear as I take my godly form. "This is your last warning, Orion-"

He appears with a frown. "What are you doing the summit is over?"

I grab him, taking us to the void. I throw him down. The temple still stands. Then they haven't all left. Perhaps they're convening behind my back.

Youin and Fringella are here but it's otherwise empty. They look at me in confusion as I toss Orion in front of them.

"No one else has the power to weaken my barrier. Someone start talking now, or I will commit an act of wrath."

Fringilla steps forward. "Slade, what's going on?"

Youin holds his hands up. "I thought you found her. Where is this coming from?"

I pull my sword from thin air. It flames in my hand, as my form distorts. For the second time?! Right my nose?! Again?!

They're the only gods strong enough. Someone in this room did it and it had to be Orion.

"Wait, wait, Slade, believe me, I had nothing to do with this-"

"Tell me where she is," I growl, "this is a disgrace! To be disrespected not once but twice! Who do you think you are!"

If I can't protect her in my own house...my own temple... where did she go? I look up. I'll eliminate him now. No more games.

"If you do this Slade you can't turn back," Youin calls frantically.

Orion tries to fly away, but I swing my sword, burning his wings off his back.

"I don't give a fuck. This will never happen again. No matter what I have to do," I frown, posing my sword over him.

Orion's eyes flicker, as he attempts to take his godly form. I take his legs next. His corporal form will have to heal before he can take the godly one.

"I warned you," I frown, the temple dissolving with my footsteps. "I told you what would happen if you touched her again,"

Orion groans. "I didn't-"

"Save it." I spit, holding my sword to her neck. "Where is she? Tell me, and I may spare your life."

"I don't...know."

No matter. If I kill him, his energy goes with him, and she'll be returned.

He holds his hand, drawing his sword down above me.  Another materializes in front of me, and behind me.

I shift, dodging the one above me, moving to the right, slicing his neck as I go.

His swords dematerialize. Red blood takes the place of the clear blood of gods in our mortal bodies.

Fringella's eyes widen. "No...we're in the void. If he's dead in the void he's..."

I frown, hefting my sword onto my shoulder. "A sword of the God of Death will kill anything. Remember that. Because if she's not there when I get back, I'll be coming for you next."

I look at his corpse, going back home. I stand, in front of Nathaniel.

"What have you done father?" He trembled. I narrow my eyes.

"The real question is what have you done, Nathaniel?"

I close my eyes. "Not a few moments after you I tell her you to wish she'd disappear and she does? Coincidence?"

I open my eyes staring him down. "My barrier down? No...I demand an explanation and make it quick."

He looks away. "I didn't I swear I didn't-"

I look around. She hasn't come back. I frown, going back to the void.

"Youin," I hold my sword out. "You're the next likely candidate."

I pause, looking around. Gods fill the seats looking at me, murmuring.

"Do you mean you used your power to kill a god and he wasn't even responsible?" Youin questions with a frown.

I lift my head. "I will slaughter each and every one of you to find her. And as you can see I am capable. So tell me, Youin. Do you have her? Or will I have to run you through too?"

Youin stands. "You can't kill gods as you please Slade. You are banished from the void until we can think of what to do with you."

"No," I frown, powering forward. They're using their combined strength to try to cast me out of the void.

Fringilla looks at me, her brows knitted. "Just...go. Before you make it worse."

At the moment I hesitate, I'm pushed out of the void, falling through space for a moment, toward earth. My heart clenched.

Where can she be? And how can she keep being taken? I was so sure...we'll I can't stop. I'll get back into the void. And I will find my wife.

I slam to the ground, as he crumbles under me, in some random human town. I have no clue where I am.

But I know I'm alone.