Call of the Alpha

Alan Deaton looked up as the door to his office came open, the person who entered made him smile "Well, well, been a long time since these walls were graced by a Fox

Alan Deaton looked up as the door to his office came open, the person who entered made him smile "Well, well, been a long time since these walls were graced by a Fox."

Enola grinned moving forward to hug the veterinarian "Hey Al." pulling back Alan looked the young woman over "Heard you got arrested a few days ago." 

Enola groaned "Don't remind me, if I never see the inside of a jail cell again it will be too soon."

Dr.Deaton grinned but quickly grew serious "What's going on Enola? Laura comes back to town and suddenly everything goes to hell in a hand basket."

Enola shook her head "I don't know, there's a wolf an Alpha running around, he or she has already turned one person." 

Deaton nodded "Scott, I know, I could feel it on him."

Enola nodded turning away, Alan Deaton was one of the most trusted advisors to both the Hale and Fox packs, an advisor that had to be kept secret for his own safety. No one knew about him, not even Derek, Enola had worked for Alan as a teenager and she hadn't known either not until Laura told her. 

Suddenly Enola lifted her head sniffing the air before she grinned "I'll see you around Doc." 

Alan nodded "Come anytime Enola." 

As she left out one door Scott entered another " Sorry, sorry..."

Deaton rolled his eyes "You're all of two minutes late."

"I just don't want you to think I'm slacking..."

"Scott, I guarantee you, you're one of the least slacking kids in this town.. Your the best assistant I've had since Enola left."

Scott froze turning his head to look at his boss "Enola? Enola Fox?"

Deaton nodded "Yep, good kid, good family... Shame what happened."

Scott carefully asked the next question "So all that stuff that happened last week.. So you believe any of it?"

Deaton turned "Are you asking if I believed that Enola could help kill Laura Hale?"

Scott nodded and Deaton shook his head in response "Never, Enola has a heart of gold, always has.. And I will not hear a word against her.. " He looked Scott in the eye "Is that clear?"

Scott nodded "Yes sir."

_________________________________________________