Chapter 3: Game Day

A/N That's how the home uniform looks.

Today was the day. Waking up this morning I dressed in my shooting shirt and my uniform pants and shoes after doing my morning routine. I woke up earlier today so I could eat a real breakfast. I made enough for me and my parents wrapping my mom's and putting it in the microwave since she leaves later to take my little brother and sister to daycare.

I woke them up after I finished so by the time my mom got ready she could just leave. Matt was 4 so he could wash and dress himself. I helped Alicia, 3, so it could go faster. I went downstairs and gave them cut up apples and yogurt for breakfast. They ate in the living room so they could watch T.V.

Me and my dad ate in silence which would be weird in most families but it was normal in mine. We just were on our phones. After finishing we put our plates in the sink, soaking them, before putting on our jackets (me also grabbing my ball). I kissed Matt and Alicia on the head before going out to get in the car with my dad. Pulling up to the school I was nervous about the game and remembering what happened with Dinah yesterday wasn't helping me at all.

Going to my locker to put my books and ball in, I ran into some of my team. We talked about how we felt about the game. I told them I was nervous but had to put on a brave face and tell them we would win this since I was Captain, with Nadia as my Co-Captain. I told them to go get to class since they were all underclassmen and went to find Nadia and Lauren. I saw them around the corner from my locker in front of the bathroom dressed in the same apparel as me. I ran and jumped onto Lauren's back kissing her check before getting down and hugging Nadia. Lauren acted like she was in shock.

"So, you jump on my back and put your nasty lips to my face but she gets a real hug." She says faking annoyance.

"Well yeah. I need to keep my Co-Captain happy."

I said putting my arm around Nadia's shoulder smirking at Laur. She just pouted.

"Oh no. You hurt my feelings too you know?" She raised her eyebrows. "You called my lips nasty. That was so rude."

Nadia just watched us amused.

"Whatever Y/N."

I put my head down and mumbled loud enough for Lauren to hear "Nadia wouldn't call my lips nasty."

Lauren pushed me which made me step back and take my arm of Nadia to catch myself laughing. I told them about what happened with Dinah yesterday and they helped me get through it last night. I'm glad they didn't bring anything up about it today and just made me smile.

The bell rung and me and Lauren told Nadia we'd see her at the gym after school since she had no classes with us. On they way to Art, though, Lauren brought up Dinah.

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"I genuinely don't know. I'm just going to go sit down and listen to lesson. That's all I can do right now."

She nodded in understanding, walking into the room before me. Walking in Dinah was at her desk. She looked at me, but I didn't look at her, and I just went to sit down. All class I felt her eyes on me but I either looked at my desk or at Lauren. When the bell rung I tried to get out of there as fast as I could.

"Y/N can you stay back for a second?"

Sighing and sitting back at my desk I looked to Lauren and told her to go to class.

"I'll meet you there soon." She nodded and walked out last closing the door behind her.

I sat there looking at my hands which were folded on my desk silent waiting for her to talk. I heard footsteps approach and my heartbeat sped up. She moved the chair in front of my desk out of the way and leaned against its desk. She was just looking at me while I looked at my hands still. I said something since she wouldn't.