[31] In Time

B A D
B O Y ' S
G A M E

***Archer's pov***

"You took your time, West."

I stand astounded, she's still at the coffee shop after two hours of having no company.

"Grey, you waited?" I ask, shock evident in my voice.

Her smile she warmly greeted me with remains on her face.

"I couldn't have left even if I tried."

She stands up from her seat and does the unexpected, she hugs me.

"You worried me, I thought something might have happened to you. I thought you may have gotten into an accident or in trouble with the law again. Archer, you had me so worried," she says in a rush, her grip on me tight.

I move my hands to wrap my arms around her, she relaxes into my arms.

An unbelievable amount of comfort comes from her, I almost forget my world full of problems.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for making you worry. My aunt went into labor and I forgot my phone at her house. I had to watch Sofia and my uncle had to come from work... I'm really sorry," I ramble, knowing that I owe her as many apologies as I can possibly let out.

She moves out of the embrace as she listens to me and her eyes are now staring directly at mine.

"It's okay, I'm just glad that you're safe. I tried calling you a few times but you didn't answer, it's good to know that there's a reason on as to why you didn't answer the phone. I'm glad that your trip to the hospital was for your aunt and not because you got hurt. Is your aunt okay?"

"Yeah, she's doing just fine. I should have a new cousin in less than twenty-four hours," I answer.

"Do you need to go back to the hospital? If you need to watch Sofia or anything we can always reschedule," she states, showing how considerate she is.

That's the thing about Elliot Grey, she's considerate and understanding in the end.

I shake my head and reply, "no, Sofia's taken care of and it could be a while until the baby comes. Right now all I want is to be here with you."

She gives me a small smile.

"Are you sure?" she asks, not sold by my previous response.

"Yes, I've never been more certain," I answer, assuring her that's she my top priority at the moment.

Once she finds satisfaction with my answer she takes a seat back in her chair and I take a seat across from her.

"I want to be honest with you from now on, if you have any questions just ask. I owe it to you to tell you the truth," I tell her.

Her smile grows larger and she takes a sip of her coffee.

"Any questions? Any?" she questions.

I nod, indicating that I am in fact willing to answer any of her questions.

"Can you tell me why you had the deal with Ryder? Why do you need the money?" she asks, cutting to the chase.

I think of how to phrase my response, I knew that these questions were to be expected and yet they were hard for me to properly respond to.

The hand I place on the table soon gets a companion, she holds my hand as if she knows I'll need the support.

"My mom has ovarian cancer," I say quietly, my throat all of a sudden begins to feel dry and my voice feels ready to crack.