5

- Um, are you sure you don't need help, Ayanokoji-kun?

- Don't worry, Ichinose, Kanzaki. Everything is fine.

- If Ayanokoji-kun says so...

Ichinose and Kanzaki finally got behind me. They created study groups to make it easier for all our classmates to pass the exam at the end of the first trimester. As Hoshinomiya-sensei said, those who don't pass the threshold of points on the exam will be excluded without the right of amnesty.

Anyway, I'm just an average person. I will pass the threshold of points and even rise a little higher, after which everything will be fine. It is worth saying that Ichinose, Kanzaki and other smart people really try for the benefit of the whole class. In any case, joining them is somewhat troublesome.

In the end, I started to pack my things, as the classes had already been finished for a few minutes. My right seatmate was no longer in place, so I went alone to the front door of the classroom. As a result, this girl was standing on the other side of the door, in the corridor, leaning her back against the wall. Apparently, she was waiting for me.

- What did they want from you?

- They asked me to join their study group.

- And?

- I refused.

Himeno nodded her head at me in a relaxed manner, as if she was satisfied with my answer. Didn't she want me to join Ichinose's and Kanzaki's groups? Or do I just think so?

Anyway, we headed out of the school, bypassing a bunch of other students.

- Speaking of which, are you fine with your exam preparation?

- Of course.

- I see.

Since she says so, there's no point in me going any further. I don't know the level of her academic abilities or anything like that, so I shouldn't just climb into this uncharted territory.

- However, English is quite difficult for me.

- English?

- Yes.

It seems that Himeno had some difficulties understanding one of the most used foreign languages in the world. Well, this is not so abnormal, although it is worth saying that, after all, by its nature, English is a fairly well-known and easy-to-learn foreign language.

- Then maybe you could...

I wanted to invite her to join Ichinose and Kanzaki's group so that they could help her with her understanding of a foreign language, but at the last moment I fell silent due to the fact that Himeno's gaze directed at me was almost murderous. She seemed to understand everything I wanted to say right away.

- You're kidding, right?

- ... Yeah.

Actually, I wasn't kidding, but it was better for me to keep quiet now. In the end, I didn't want to get on the bad side of this girl either. Still, she's the only one who communicates with me in this school so often.

- Hm.

- What?

I looked right at her. Himeno clearly didn't understand the meaning of my attentive gaze, but I just had an idea. It was an idea that only I could implement. Simply put, I'm really the only person with whom Himeno communicates at this school. From all this, we can conclude that only in my power to help her.

I slowed down, and then Himeno did the same. She looked at me uncomprehendingly, clearly trying to understand the meaning of my strange behavior. I just sighed softly and decided to offer her something.