Trust

Chapter 14

(Flashback from original timeline)

"Do you plan to just stay here until we get back to TAPOPS?" Blaze glared at Solar who entered the dark room with an exasperated look, "It's  been a week. You're not grounded anymore. You do know that, right?"

"I'm trying to keep out of trouble," Blaze scowled as he grabbed the rubber ball he had been bouncing off the wall and threw it at him, "So leave me alone, nerd!"

His brother caught the ball and rolled his eyes, "Stop being dramatic."

Blaze scowled deeper, "I said get out!"

"I'm here to talk-"

"I don't care what you have to say to me!"

"Blaze-"

"You guys are always the know-it-all! The one who gets to make the big decisions! You never listen!"

"I'm trying- where are you going?"

Blaze ignored him and opened their closet before stuffing himself in and closing it behind him.

"Okay, now that's just being childish."

Silence was his only answer and Solar huffed in exasperation, "I came here to talk and listen... if you want to."

Still no answer.

"Okay, I guess I'll be the one doing the talking then." He grumbled, "It feels stupid that I have to talk to a closet though."

"Good."

Came Blaze's muffled reply making him roll his eyes for the umpteenth time that day. He then sat on the ground, in front of his brother's hiding place.

"Look, I know how much this probation is affecting you. Petir and Tanah may have been a little too harsh-"

"Are you planning to help lift my probation?"

"...no."

"Then why are we even talking?! Just go already or I'll burn your favorite jacket."

Solar groaned, "Can't you just listen to me?"

"Listen to you what? Feel sorry for me and not do anything about it? No thanks. I'm done with that none sense." Blaze retorted in a harsh tone, "You should just go."

Surprisingly, instead of yelling out of impatience, Blaze heard the other sigh rather tiredly.

"Remember that time when Ochobot got kidnapped? When we were kids?" Solar asked.

"You mean the time we almost lost him?" He scowled at the memory, "Of course I do!"

"You guys left Daun and me. Because we didn't have powers yet at that time." Solar said, a hint of bitterness in his tone.

Blaze shifted a bit in guilt as he did, indeed, remember the dejected looks of the two being held back by their Tok Aba as they left them behind to chase after their kidnapped friend.

"You guys got it in the end, though." He mumbled rather lamely.

"Yeah... but at what cost?" Solar asked, "Ochobot had to sacrifice himself before we got our powers. In the end, it was never a conscious decision."

". . ." Blaze could already tell where this was going and crossed his arms.

"Daun was totally fine with that and had shrugged it off. But it never settled right with me." His brother admitted, "You guys didn't trust us enough to fight alongside you."