➳ 𝘮𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 || 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 2

— today's era (?) —

Will walked through the crowd, muttering a few excuse me's and sorry's as he kept bumping into almost every person his way by accident. He had just left the restroom, and he is now on his way back to the bar stools.

Once he's made his way back, he spots El alone in her seat, busy doing something on her phone. Max was not in sight.

"Where's Max?" Will asks as he takes a seat at the opposite side of El.

El shoots him a glance, slipping her phone back into her pocket. "Oh, she's already in the dance floor. I'm actually about to go join her, but I was waiting for you," she says as she jumps out of the stool. "Wanna come?"

"Oh, no. I'm good." Will says as he shakes his head.

He's definitely not going to. He couldn't already put up with the deafening sound of the crowd, so why would he join and make himself suffer?

"Why not?" El frowns. "Come on, Will. You're not just gonna sit there all night, are you?" she says as she takes Will's hand, in an attempt to pull him from his seat.

"Yes I am, actually." Will withdraws his hand. "Look, El. I wouldn't have come here if Max didn't ask me to, but the dance floor is definitely the last thing I would do right now." he tries to yell over the loud music. El pouts.

"And I don't like crowded places. You know that, right?"

"I mean, yeah." she sighed. "I don't wanna force you, Will, but wouldn't you wanna try? Just for tonight?" she tries, one more time.

Will gives El the stare before pursing his lips. "El." he warns.

By the look on El's face, it seemed like she's already given up. "Okay."

"I'm sorry."

"No, no. Don't be. I understand." she gives Will a small smile. "But you're sure you're okay here? Alone?"

Will laughs. "You're really asking me that?"

El rolls her eyes playfully as she lets out a breathy laugh. "Just making sure." she puts a hand on Will's shoulder before saying, "Alright, I'm gonna go now. If you need something, just call us, okay? Or if you feel like you're getting bored, just let us know. We don't want you to feel like a loner here or something."

Will just smiles. "I'm gonna be fine, El. I swear. Now get out of my sight." he jokingly says.

El withdraws her hand from Will's shoulder as she rolls her eyes. "You're so mean." she mutters before finally walking away, eyes still locked on Will's.

An annoyingly teasing smile creeps up on Will's lips. "Have fun!"

El just gives him a thumbs up. Will watched as she ran away until she was no longer in his sight.

Will lets out a breath of relief. Yes, it may sound dumb how he's in a crowded place filled with people but he'd rather stay by himself. It's always been like that, so he's used to it now.

He really would've begged his friends to let him go back home now and get the sleep he's been meaning to have since this early evening, if it wasn't because of that damn vocalist.

It had been about an hour since Mike's band has ended their show, but Will still couldn't get the boy out of his mind.

He wonders how Mike still remembers him. He wouldn't smile and wink at Will and embarrass himself in front of hundreds of people if he didn't remember Will's face, would he?

Unless Will is just that attractive, even with his basic outfit on.

Sure, they dated for six months. It may be too short for a relationship, but it isn't too short for them to forget each other, right?