6

Caitlin wiped her tears away, as she heard the door open and someone come in. She looked up and saw her mum come in

"I thought that you would be here"

"How did you find me?"

"It wasn't difficult. You love this shop, and this is where you started your working life. Also, despite us saying no, you still enjoy coming here and running this"

"Mum, even after everything, this shop will always be special to me. This is where I started my working life"

"And it's where everything began with you two"

"Mum, please. Just stop it. I don't want to think about him anymore. Anyway, this is my shop. It's so much more then him. I've got all of my memories here. Some good, some bad. Memories as I started out on my own journey in life"

"Caitlin"

"Don't mum"

"But you don't know what I am going to say"

"I do, and I've already told you that the answer is no"

"And I've already told you countless times, that we don't have to be like this. We can be comfortable"

"I told you my answer is no. I want to make my own way in life"

"Your just as stubborn as your dad"

"Well I am his daughter"

"I don't understand why you two shun it"

"That's just it mum. You do understand, but you hate it. This is one of the main reasons why you hate dad. Because of what he did"

Caitlins mum just stared at her

"What? You think I don't know? You don't exactly hide it. It's obvious that because of what he did, you despise him"

"He didn't think about us. What's going to happen to us?"

"Us? You mean you! I actually admire dad for what he did. Life might not have been easy for him, but he continued and didn't give up. We might not be filthy rich, but we are doing okay"

Caitlin ran home. She burst into the house, seeing the doctor tending to her dad

"Doctor, is he okay? What's wrong with him?"

"Nothing Caitlin. Don't stress. I'm fine"

"Doctor?"

"Here. Just get him these medication and make sure he has it on time. He should be fine if he has them on schedule"

"I will"

Caitlin went up to her dad and hugged him

"Please dad. Take the medicine. I couldn't cope if anything happened to you"

"Well, one day I'll have to leave you"

"No. I'm not going to let you go anywhere"

"Well, one day you will have to go to someone else's house. I just hope that whoever becomes your life partner loves you a lot"

"There's no one like that", Caitlin laughed 

"There was once"

"Don't dad. He's made his choice"

"Do you remember the day that you went around to the palace to apologise?"

Caitlin laughed. She cuddled into her dad, as the memories came back

Caitlin walked into the palace with her dad

"Who's this?"

"This is my daughter. She's come round to apologise for what she did. Please forgive her. She's a bit crazy. She lives in her own little world"

"Dad, dad", Caitlin said tapping him on his shoulder, "can I speak?"

Caitlin stepped in front and tried to remember what to say

"Hello. I'm Caitlin. I've come to say sorry"

Just then Caitlin saw Barry over the kings shoulder 

"You? Your not needed here. Please go away"

The king looked over his shoulder but saw nothing 

"As I was saying I'm"

Caitlin saw Barry making funny faces at her and trying to make her laugh

"Shut up. This is all your fault. Everything happened because of you"

"Me?"

"No sir. I didn't mean you. I meant. Oh my. Look what's happening. Everything is coming out wrong"

Caitlin straightened up

"Look, what im trying to say is that my dad always says that by apologising, one doesn't become big or small, and the one who forgives has a big heart. You have a big heart, don't you sir?"

"Yes"

"Then you forgive me?"

"I have"

"Thank you sir"

Caitlin turned to go, but saw Barry pointing at himself 

"Yes, I apologise to you too"

Caitlin turned to go, but accidentally bumped into a vase, sending it flying. She gasped in shock

"I uh......."

Caitlin ran away, before anyone could say anything. Barry watched her run away. She was a strange girl

Duff, duff, duff. As always, feedback appreciated