Chapter 7

Aaron's point of view

"You need to get out of here," Marlee said boredly. She sat in my wheely chair at my desk, spinning in circular patterns until her dizziness made her stop. "You can't just mope in here for the rest of your life."

"I haven't been moping," I denied.

"You haven't gone on a date in forever," she groaned. "How are you going to pick the Elite?"

"I'm waiting until Elisa gets back," I replied simply. Marlee stood up and walked to where I was sitting.

"Look here," she began. "I miss her just as much as you do, but there are other girls here you are treating unfairly. You like Kiara, Pepper, and Danielle, don't you? Go have fun, Aaron. Elisa would want you to have fun." She left my room and closed my door softly behind her.

I sighed to myself and got up to leave my room. Marlee was right; it wasn't fair to the other girls here. I was afraid to open up to them, though. I had loved Elisa, and I feel like I'm betraying her by acting like she never existed.

I walked with absent thoughts to the ballroom, where the selected were practicing for Olivia's birthday ball. It was later this month, on July 17. I swallowed the lump formed in my throat at the realization that Elisa has been missing for a little over two months.

Before I opened the door to the ballroom, a guard stopped me. "Your highness, your father has requested your presence."

"Did they say what for?"

"No, your majesty."

"Thank you," I responded. I made the trek to my father's office and pushed the door open to reveal my mother and father behind the desk. "Is something wrong?"

They said nothing, but simply stared at the envelope in front of them on the desk. It was scripted in elaborate calligraphy words addressing the letter to us.

The Schreave Family

~Confederation Patriots Association

"Is this from-"

"Just open the letter, Aaron," Mom said hastily. I did as I was told and tore the message open to read aloud.

"To whom it may concern,

This is Elisa Talia Carams, former lady of Illèa, caste two citizen, member of the selected, and future lady of the leader of the Confederation Patriots Association.

Although I may have resided in Illea, I am now a member of the Confederation Patreots Association. My loyalty resites with them. I have konformed to the insurgent ways of the rebellyon, the tyranny of the Schreave monarkhy shall end with Prince Aaron Ethan Schreave.

He will be the source of your destrustion. Every knee will bow to our own great and glorious leader and chieftan, Captain Ferradas Ray. Leave the confederate forces to do their bidding, and some citizens of Illèa live's shall be spared. Please do not seek out my location, nor the Confederation Patriots Association, who will be triumphent.

-Elisa Talia Carams of the CPA."

I blinked in shock at what I just read and looked up at my parents. Mom had a hand covering her mouth and Father had taken off his crown. He sat it on the side of the desk and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Do you think it was forced?" Dad asked indirectly.

"I don't know," Mom responded while laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Something's wrong," I said glancing at the letter. They looked at me with confusion painting their faces. "Elisa is very precise; she wouldn't have made this many errors."

"Let me see," Dad demanded. I handed him the letter and watched as his pupils moved across the page. "I think your right. She had a rigorous education, didn't she?"

I nodded my head. "Basic medical training. Why would she misspell so many words?"

"Is she trying to tell us something?" Mom asked suggestively.

"Maybe," I looked closer. "Maybe it's a code."

"A code?" Dad asked in disbelief. "I doubt she knew any codes, son."

"She knew one," I smiled. I ran out of the room and down the hallways.

"Aaron!" Mother called from Dad's office, which was now a hallway away. "Aaron Schreave, come back here!"

This is going to be LEGENDARY.

There was a reason I made them read Legend in the first book. *winks*