[ 012 ] ❝ eleven hours in the sky ❞

Two days

Two days. That's all Lucía and Charles had to spend together before Charles was flying to Australia. Even though Lu was going to be attending the Australian Grand Prix this weekend in support of her Ferrari F1 driver boyfriend, that wouldn't necessarily mean they'd have a lot of free time together. Charles would have to be in concentration mode the majority of the weekend and so these next two days were vital for them to relax and spend some free time together.

And when she thought about it really it was only one full day which was Tuesday. As by the time they land in Monaco, the time would be at least nearly nine o'clock in the evening. Monaco was nine hours ahead of Las Vegas and with their flight at midnight on Sunday, they'd arrive around eleven in the morning which in Monacos time zone was eight in the evening. So their entire Monday was basically going to be spent flying home.

Las Vegas had been a very short, but also somehow extremely memorable trip. Lu felt so proud of Dua who won an award last night, the two Brits being close friends and she had been so grateful that the famous singer had invited her to attend in support of her album. 

Flying by private jet sped up their journey but only by around an hour. The supposedly 12 hour trip turned into one just under eleven hours. Lu spent most of the time sleeping, curled up to Charles, and the rest of the time was spent complaining that she was bored. The good thing about flying privately was that she had space to be up and down, stretching her legs. She watched at least four episodes of Stranger Things which decreased the time a little quicker, and she tried to convince Charles to watch The Conjuring with her, but he was being a pussy and refused saying he didn't like supernatural horror movies. Their flight landed around mid way through Ice Age. The one with the dinosaurs. 

They were quick to collect their bags, wanting to get home as soon as possible after being cooped up on the plane for over ten hours. 

Upon entering Charles beloved Monaco apartment, Lucía felt ready for a shower, the jet lag an uncomfortable feeling on her body. While Charles began to make them something for dinner she went and showered, feeling much more clean and awake than before. Charles then showered as she cut up some salad to serve with the simple pasta and sauce he had cooked which she kept stirring. 

"Smells good," She hummed as Charles waltzed back into the kitchen, pressing a quick kiss to her lips as she tilted her head back.

"Tomorrow's going to be great," He smiled happily, wrapping his arms around her waist, leaning down to rest his chin on her shoulder, watching as she finished what he had started.

"What do you have planned for tomorrow?" She asked. Charles had kept her in the dark of the plans he had made for them both. 

"Well, I have something planned for the evening and I thought we could spend the morning in bed, however Max and Lando have invited us to join them in the afternoon. I believe they are going jet skiing. We don't have to go if you don't want to?" He suggested, turning around to grab some plates from the cupboard, laying everything out on the table.