Chapter 121

Chapter 121: Curved Iron Plough

Lu Lin had asked the Yamen runners to visit the neighboring villages. Many villagers had already built kangs for winter. However, there were still some families who were too poor to buy materials or hire people to build kangs.

Seeing this situation, Lu Lin paid out of his own pocket to help those villagers to build kangs .

Although some people thought that Lu Lin only did this to win over people's support, but the fact was Lu Lin's actions were pretty generous and the villagers all felt grateful towards Lu Lin.

Seeing how righteous Lu Lin was, the patrolling team volunteered to help him out, saving Lu Lin a lot of trouble.

Ji Yun An had a completely new appraisal of Lu Lin as well, "Your Lordship, I didn't expect you to be such a great officer!"

Lu Lin looked at Ji Yun An and smiled, and said in all earnestness, "I'll try my best to become a great local magistrate and bring benefits to the people! You're from an extraordinary background, Young Master Ji. You are bound to have a great future as long as follow the correct path."

Ji Yun An blushed and said to himself, 'Great! Now we are talking about me groping into Xiao Mai's room again! It's no use regretting now, how I wish......'

Ji Yun An took a deep breath and said, "The soldiers in the military camp asked me to convey their gratitude to you."

Lu Lin waved his hand and said, "This is nothing, don't mention it."

100 pairs of knee pads were far from enough, Lu Lin planned to make another 200 pairs in the near future. It didn't cost much to make those knee pads, but it would help the soldiers to stay warm in bitter winter. There also came the benefit of eliminating prejudice and winning people's hearts.

Ji Yun An said seriously, "Maybe they are nothing to you, Your Lordship, but the soldiers appreciated them a great deal!"

......

Sha County owned a vast territory with a sparse population. Lu Lin enclosed a desolate land near the county yamen and put it under Chen Xiao Mi's name.

Lu Lin had been paying villagers money to enclose more land, it went on smoothly, the villagers were grateful that they exchanged the desolate land with money.

Ji Yun An looked at Chen Xiao Mai and said, "Why is the county magistrate enclosing so many land?"

Ji Yun An wasn't proud of the moment when he had to beat around the bush for more information with a child.

Chen Xiao Mai raised his head and rolled his eyes like he was judging Ji Yun An, "Of course to grow yummy food, you dummy."

Ji Yun An frowned and said, "But who are responsible for growing the food?"

Chen Xiao Mai puffed up his cheeks and said, "We can always hire more people."

"But Sha County is short of manpower in general, who is willing to do that?"

Chen Xiao Mai shook his head and he suppressed the impulse to call Ji Yun An a dummy out loud. "Trust me, you will be surprised by how many people are willing to do it as long as there's good pay."

Ji Yun An nodded in silence as if deep in thought.

......

Lu Lin walked to the backyard. The Qins were assembling the parts of curved iron ploughs according to Lu Lin's instructions.

"Your Lordship, it's almost done, please have a look. " Qin Yi rolled up his sleeves in excitement.

Lu Lin looked at the assembled ploughs and said approvingly, "Great job, how many have you assembled so far?"