Episode 29

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 29

The playlist for this chapter is 'Beth Crowley ~ Savior  ' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Fernando's POV cont'd

"Answer me, Micaela. Why am I your savior? Or more like your guardian angel?" I gave her a glance of extraordinary meaning and breath in her fragrance.

"I... I..don't understand what you mean" she stutters and glances away.

A glittering infectious smile greeted my lips "You don't understand? What about this...." I pause and tilt her chin up and she locked her gaze with me. "Do you remember how you stole a kiss from me one month and a few days ago? If you've forgotten I'll remind you. I was in my lodge on the 18th of February 2021 preparing my bag to vacate my lodge and return to Madrid when you came into my room wearing...."

"Stop!" she cuts me off and I smile slightly.

"I guess I just helped you recall that fateful day," I replied in a covertly triumphant voice.  She took a step back and bows her head low for a moment.

"You don't have to remind me, my memory is still intact" she replied quietly. "And before you remind me of how you saved my life more than once, let me assure you that I haven't forgotten that either".

"Okay then, I'm glad you remember all that. Micaela?" I called her name in almost a whisper and she slowly gaze up at me.

"Yeah?"

"You and I have a lot to talk about and we can't do that by standing here, your feet are going to get hurt if we do".

"So, what do you suggest?"

"You tell me, I'm not familiar with the city".

"I'm really scared to sit out right now after what happened. If you don't mind, we can go to my house and talk".

I don't need anyone to tell me she's still feeling scared over what happened with that douchebag of a guy because her body gestures say it all. "I don't mind" I replied. After all, my backpack is in her house, so going back there to get it isn't going to be much trouble.

"Under one condition" she announced and I raised a brow at her.

"You're giving me a condition before I'm allowed to come to your house?" I snorted and she shrugged.

"I didn't mean it that way. I'm just desperate to know how you find me here. Have you been stalking me?"

"What? Stalking you?!" I exclaimed and she shrugs and her eyes went dim. "Hell no! I'm not stalking you. Your friend Sabrina gave me the address to this place".

"Sabrina? How and when?!"

"We'll talk about that later. Now is my turn to ask a question".

"You've asked a lot of questions already and...."

"And yet you haven't given me answers to anyone of it" I interrupted and she gapes at me. "Perhaps this question is much easier to answer than the rest of them. What were you doing with a rapist at the club?"

Micaela gave a shocking gasp and stared at me in horror. Why is she staring at me like that? I only asked a question though.

"Mario... Mario is not a rapist" she defended and I grunted.

"Oh really? You're even defending the asshole of a guy?" I almost raised my voice at her feeling pissed at how defensive she could be for him.

"I'm not defending him. I'm only saying I didn't know he was a devil in an angel's clothing all this time we've been together without me knowing who he was inside" she replied.