Charles Leclerc; Slipping Through My Fingers.

SONG IN TITLE

Slipping Through My Fingers

CHOSEN LYRIC

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture
And save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers

ONE LINE DESCRIPTION

leaving for races from home in Monaco? losing titles? both
------------------------------------------------------------------

After the losses of Anthoine, Jules and Hervé, Charles by a young age had experienced much sorry and heartbreak, and it didn't get any easier for the poor man at the age of twenty four.

Michael Schumacher once said that he allowed himself one big mistake a year, and if Charles was to abide by that logic, he would have to perform like a beast for the rest of the season.

His second home race wasn't his friend.

After a crash out in lap 18, and after a very long talk with Mattia, and after the stragetic clusterfuck that was the race for Carlos, Charles headed back to Monaco, stating to the press that he would 'not leave his home' until it was time for the race in Hungary. He hopped into his private jet, headed towards the private capacity airport back home in Monaco, opting to get a taxi to be home he shared with his girlfriend.

(Y/N) (L/N) was a long term family friend, joining Charles and Pierre on their holidays as children, and usually attended the races, but due to commitments back in southern France, she couldn't make it. She had been able to watch the race from home, and made a call to Charles, only for it to be declined.

Charlie❤️🤍
coming home now, amour, don't need you to hear me rn, love you xo

(

Y/N) sighed, reading the text as she dragged a hand through her knotted locks, before dragging her eyes to her surroundings, the apartment was a bit of a mess from where she had been rushing around. She decided that she would throw in a load of washing, mop and hoover around the abode, and make him some muffins for his return home.

Charles was looking at the text she sent, afterwards, his heart heavy with guilt as he was 300,000ft in the atmosphere.

Mon Amour❤️🤍
I understand, my dearest Chacha. I cannot wait until you are back in my arms, where I can show you all of my love for you to understand xo

Charles groaned, hiding in his jumper as he flew through the sky, seeing an outpouring of love and support for him online, but more criticism than ever of the Ferrari team. Charles was frustrated having watched the end of the race, seeing how they were so devoid of any emotion towards Carlos' race, and his own race, that he decided to shut off all his notifications and just sigh again, shutting his eyes for the short flight.

No more than two hours later, he had landed and crawled into the car that was waiting for him, his luggage being handled by the ground crew, his manager meeting him inside, patting his shoulder as they rode in silence around the streets to his home. Soon he was at his front door, no lights on, door ajar, luggage being pulled in as he nudged the door open with his foot.

The tiled floor was covered in battery operated tea lights, a roll of red cloth weaved into the living room like a red carpet, and it lead to a pillow fort that was built on the plush rug below, (Y/N) wearing one of his old Alfa Romeo/Sauber shirts he gave her, and a pair of terry cloth pajama shorts in black. "My love, what is this?" He asked, almost speechless at the surprise that laid before him.