037

😗sorry for any mistakes

Atlantic Beach, NCSeptember 5thTuesday

Atlantic Beach, NC
September 5th
Tuesday

"Yes! That looks jus' like mine. I'm so proud" Ariyah cooed over Facetime with Kyle after he showed her the birthday cake he just finished making while she was getting a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie.

"Foreal? It only took me 3 hours ta' do it." Kyle lowly chuckled, turning the camera back around to face him.

She smiled "That's good tho. We aren't goin' ta' making them the day of pick up, maybe the day before. At least that's what I've been doin' " She replied, looking around the small shop, seeing there were barely any people inside.

"Next, we gon' start doin' wedding cakes. We get maybe like 3 or 4 every month," She informed him.

"Mango Magic for Ari!"

Ariyah leaned off the wall to walk to the counter when the worker put her smoothie down "Thank you, enjoy the rest of your day" She smiled, grabbed a straw then grabbed her smoothie off of the counter.

The worker smiled brightly "Thank you, Mrs.Knight!" She beamed, causing Ari's eyes to widen.

"Ari is fine love" She chuckled before starting to walk out of the shop.

She has only been engaged for one week and workers around the resort were already referring to her as 'Mrs.Knight'. She wasn't used to it mainly because she was still getting used to believing she was actually engaged.

It is still a strong shock to her. Every time she looks down at the heavy diamond ring on her finger, it feels unreal.

"Do I have to start calling you Mrs.Knight too?" Kyle asked and she started laughing as she walked through the lobby to get to the elevator.

"No, I'm still going to be Ari. Mrs. Knight sounds too formal for li' ole me" She giggled, making it to the elevator. She was glad nobody was around so she didn't have to get on with anything else. She just hoped nobody else was on once she got on after she pushed the up button.

"So does this mean you're never comin' back? Now that you're engaged and all?" Kyle asked and she could hear the alarm going off, mentioning people were walking in and out of the bakery.

She stepped on the elevator once it came, smiling that nobody else was on before clicking the 'penthouse' button and then typed in the code that only she and Makai knew. It was only so nobody else could get on their private floor. Not even housekeeping. She was glad nobody else had access, she wouldn't be comfortable with housekeeping coming to clean up when she could do it herself and she felt like nobody was going to keep her home like her.

"No, I am. Maybe the week after next tho. I'm jus' on a little vacation now. Ouu, next summer if it's okay with your parents, I'll bring you here." She said as she went up in the elevator. She knew Kyle was an extreme introvert. The whole summer all he did was work which was fine because he was Ari's favorite employee but she felt like he needed some relaxing time.