。fifty five 。

♡

the five continued to bike, adella not exactly biking, towards the upside down version of eddie's trailer. bats chittered loudly and they glanced through the trees to see the creel house, broken and horribly dark. looking back to the road, they hiked further until they reached the caravan park.

"right here." eddie said, leading them to his and they all got off the bikes.

"that's gotta be a guinness world record. most miles traveled interdimensionally." robin breathed as they walked to the caravan.

"just inhaled a bunch of that crap. it's stuck in my throat." steve coughed. the door closed behind steve and they stared up at the red gate in eddie's ceiling, the same place chrissy had died on the other side of the dimension.

"this is where chrissy died." eddie stated. "like, right where she died."

"i think there's something in there." robin mumbled and adella laced their fingers together, nervous.

the seal to the gate started being pushed down by something, not yet breaking as eddie asked, "what the hell is that?"

"i don't think i wanna know." adella muttered.

the seal broke with another prod and the group flinched back, yelping as it split open, slimy, grimy things falling down. adella walked towards it, steve close behind her as they looked up through the gate. steve mumbled a 'no way' seeing dustin, erica, max and lucas looking down/up at them. dustin laughed and erica chuckled.

"hi there." dustin waved.

"hi." they all replied, grinning.

"holy shit, this is trippy." robin smiled.

dustin laughed again, "bada-bada-boom!"

they made a plan to get eddie's mattress for them to land on and throw a rope up/down to the group still in the upside down. dustin and erica were tying bedsheets together while max and lucas were carrying the mattress out and placing it under the gate. adella grimaced at the stains on the mattress as the metal head glanced to them.

"those stains are, uh..." eddie trailed off and robin side-eyed him. "i dunno what those stains are." robin hummed in slight disgust.

"not quite sure how these physics are gonna work." dustin sighed, standing on the mattress with the tied bed sheets. "but, uh... here goes nothing." he threw them up and the sheets hit the floor of the upside down. "here we go. and if my theory is correct..." dustin let go and the sheets hovered above their floor. "huh. abracadabra."

"holy shit." max mumbled.

"alright, pull on it! see if it holds!" dustin called.

robin pulled on it, putting her weight on the sheets and they didn't budge, making her chuckle in amazement, dustin laughing before erica spoke, "this is the craziest shit i've ever seen in my life. and i've seen some crazy shit."

"guess i'm the guinea pig." robin hummed and held the rope, climbing up it with small grunts.

"alright, let's clear the landing pad." dustin muttered and they stepped away from the mattress.

"oh, my god!" robin yelled as she suddenly flipped and landed with her back on the bed, sitting up afterwards. "oh, thank god. that was fun."

"i wanna try!" adella grinned and reached to grab the rope, pulling herself onto it, climbing up the sheets. suddenly, she was flipping around and landing on eddie's mattress with a laugh. "i wanna do that again!"

"it's so fun, right?" robin beamed and helped her up, adella nodding.

eddie glanced at nancy and steve who stared back at him, as if they were waiting for an opportunity of some kind and he shrugged, "alright, i guess i'll go. alright." he started to climb the rope, flipping and landing on his mattress, sitting up quickly. "that... was fun. shit."

he was pulled and steve looked to nancy, "see you on the other side."

"on the other side." nancy repeated but didn't climb the sheets like everyone else.

"nancy." steve said, worried as he looked at her rolled back eyes and stiff body. "hey, stay with me. nancy. hey! hey! nancy, wake up! wake up, nancy!"

"shit." adella mumbled as they looked back at nancy.

"vecna." max stated.

{690}

volume 1 finito