Chapter I: Act IV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Missing Warmth
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

A young (Y/n); about thirteen, could be seen holding a wooden staff in his hands, the wooden object sliding casually in between his fingers as the young boy danced about in the luscious green grass that rushed by his ankles.

(F/n) could be seen off to the side, grinning like an idiot despite holding a soft look on their face. They knew how the other was concentrated due to how (Y/n)'s (E/c) hues were only kept on one thing.

The bluenette watched as (Y/n) dipped the weapon near the grass as he twirled, spinning the item behind his back before dipping it once more towards the ground as he faced forward, not once losing grip of the wooden object.

(F/n)'s dark blue hues sparkled in amazement, ignoring the whispers of their teammates behind them.

"Wow! Is that really (Y/n) from the mixed martial arts club?" A random girl piped up in awe, walking up to (F/n)'s side.

(F/n) just gave a childish grin. "That's my childhood friend right there!" They boasted.

(Y/n) came to a stop after making a final dip and sweep before placing the weapon straight in front of him, both of his hands making contact with a small piece of tape that was purposely placed in the middle of the wooden staff.

Sighing heavily, (Y/n) brought the weapon to his side and wiped the sweat that started to drip down the side of his face.

"Again?" (Y/n) mumbled, giving a side glance towards the group that stood beside (F/n).

(F/n) waved frantically at the (H/c)ette. "Hey (Y/n)~!" They jokingly purred out in amusement.

(Y/n) playfully rolled his eyes and raised a brow at the bluenette and their teammates, "Are you guys already done with archery?" The (H/c)ette asked.

(F/n) nodded their head, "Yepper doodles!" They answered happily.

(Y/n) glanced over at his instructor and saw how they waved him off, allowing him to leave a few minutes earlier.

The (H/c)ette gave a thankful smile while throwing the wooden staff to another student that had yet to practice with it.

(Y/n) walked over to (F/n), dipping an (S/c) hand down and snatching his bag while getting into step with the bluenette and their teammates.

"How was practice, (Y/n)?" (F/n)'s instructor, (R/n), had asked with a raised brow.

(Y/n) gave a side glance towards the woman beside him. "Difficult today since the teacher wanted us to help the new kids that decided to join the club," he answered.

(R/n) nodded her head in understanding.

"Has your teacher decided who's going to that championship at the end of this week? Such little time since the school is urging every sports club to hurry up," (R/n) states.

(Y/n) shook his head. "Sadly, no. She'll probably have us older kids go since we're the ones with more experience," he answered.

(R/n) just hummed lightly, looking over at (F/n) and her students. "What sounds good for dinner tonight? It's on me, of course."

The archery group and (Y/n) looked at each other before sharing a cat-like grin.

"Hotpot!"

(R/n) just laughed joyfully at the group's decision. "You expensive assholes!" She joked.

"Fuck you too, teach. Love ya!" (F/n) joked back.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) ran a hand through his (H/c) locks, a painful smile slipping onto his lips when he remembered that memory with (F/n) and their archery group who was always a huge group of gremlins who caused chaos no matter where they went.

The (H/c)ette always wondered how (F/n) was handling life with him gone now.

Maybe (F/n) got that polyamorous relationship they've always been wanting with those two crushes of theirs.

Tears gathered up underneath the blindfold, wishing that he could hear (F/n)'s voice again even if it did sound selfish in a way.

It was just (F/n) was hus first friend that stuck through, and (Y/n), himself, was also (F/n)'s first friend that stuck through till the end.

(S/c) fingers reached towards a dendro vision that sat between his owner's feet, before picking it up.

"Dendro vision, huh? I honestly thought that a certain windy boy would've gotten to me first, but nope." (Y/n) laughed softly, thinking about the drunken so-called Archon who was probably dressed up as a bard. A drunken bard at that.

"My mother in this world had an anemo vision... but did she even have a reason to hate the Archons?" (Y/n) mumbled with furrowed brows.

'Thankfully I still have my memories from last year so that I don't fuck up the plot.' (Y/n) mentally sighed.

"If (F/n) was here, what would their stupidest reason be?" (Y/n) asked himself, running a thumb over the vision.

"Wait... no, they'll probably say the dumbest shit. Like how one of the Archons pissed her off for no apparent reason by stealing her favorite tea or something," (Y/n) deadpanned.

(F/n) was probably one of the stupidest idiots they've ever met in his life, but at least they were tolerable half of the time.

"Now that I think of it... I have the skills to hold technically any weapon in this world except for a catalyst. 'cause I'll probably be just throwing the catalyst at mitachurls the whole damn time." The child deadpanned, sighing heavily in disappointment.

'Now... what weapon or weapons am I more comfortable with?' (Y/n) wondered.

(Y/n) felt more comfortable with a claymore, a polearm, and a sword due to doing mixed martial arts in his old world.

"This is more difficult than choosing the right answer on a damn quiz that's yelling jokes on you."

(Y/n) groaned lightly and brought the dendro vision up to his chest, and fell backward onto the green grass that he was once sitting on.

Despite seeing nothing, (Y/n) just stared blankly up at the sky, ignoring the blazing heat that warmed up his body.

"Maybe I should make an (F/n) move and jump off the side of a cliff, forgetting to put on a wind glider last second." (Y/n) murmured.

(Y/n) reached a hand up to the sky and gave a sad smile, tears dripping down his cheeks, "I do miss that oaf who kept stealing (F/f) from me every single day."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝