The Werewolf In The Closet..13

Chapter Thirteen

Ady's POV

     Mel and I were in my room. All the lights were off downstairs, and we were looking out the window, watching everything, every movement, and every little sound. When we saw the guys come out from the woods, Mel and I opened the window for them to climb in. "Well?"

     "Feewh!" Brad said and laid out on my bed as if he was exhausted. "That was horrible!"

     I think I know what he means. I can smell it. Something horrible. And apparently they led it into my room. It smelled like dirt, and vinegar or something mixed with milk. I don't know, but it stinks. "What happened? Did you find the wolf?"

     "Oh, we found the wolf, alright," Kenny said, doing the same as Brad.

     "You did?"

     Loren nodded and grabbed my hand, twining my fingers with his. "Ady, we almost had a fight. Well, those three stooges challenged him to a fight." He nodded his head toward them. 

     "Hey!" Aaron yelled in defense. "We could have totally taken that guy and you know it!"

     Loren rolled his eyes. "Anyway, he didn't talk much, but before all that, we followed his horrible smell. He was eating a raccoon."

     "And.....?" I urged him on.

     "And...he attacked us, saying, 'I'll bite you're heads off!' and other crap. But, there was one thing that really fucking ticked me off," Loren growled to himself and looked out the window.

     "What, Loren? Tell me," I said. He looked at me with his beautiful green eyes.

     "He said something about you. He wasn't, or isn't, after Vinny. He wants you, and he was going to kill anyone that got into his way, meaning Vinny and us. But he said, 'The girl belongs to me, and I will kill everyone if I don't get her!'"

     "Whatever the hell that means," Kenny mumbled.

     "So, he isn't after Vinny," I said, softly. Loren nodded, even though it wasn't a question. He's after me.

     Why does he want me? I'm nothing. Nothing special at least. I'm a teenage girl who didn't know her whole family, plus herself, are werewolves. What would he do with me if he had gotten me? Rape me? Use me? Kill me? If he wanted to kill me, he probably would have done it already.

     At least he's not after Vinny, but he said he would kill anyone who would get in his way of me. And that meant my family and Loren. I couldn't let Loren die, even though I kind of just met him, and he suddenly knew I was a werewolf. I really like Loren, and I really don't want him or his friends to get hurt. What would happen if a werewolf got hurt? Do they back off? Do they heal fast? How the hell am I supposed to know? I never really gotten hurt.

     A few paper-cuts, and I ignored them, not bothered if they would heal or not. And what about my parents? What will they do? Will they help, or will they come comfort me like all parents do? I love them the most, and I couldn't stand if they got hurt. I'd be lost without them. Do they even know about the other wolf? Do they know what attacked Vinny?

     I glanced at the clock on my dresser. 3:48. I yawned.

     "Ady, let's get you into bed," Loren said.

     "No, I don't want to sleep." I think I do because I let Loren pick me up bridal style. He kicked Brad and Kenny off my bed and tucked me in.

     "Well, you should. Besides, we wouldn't want you going crazy about the wolf thing if you didn't sleep." He kissed me lightly on my forehead. "We'll see you tomorrow, okay?"