Chapter 71: The Cruelty Underground

When the man hidden in the fog felt the dozens of eyes fixed on him, his expression changed.

Man: They can see me!? How?

He could not afford to think about the reason, though. The man quickly moved back, evading tens of magical bullets coming in his direction.

He could feel that the magical bullets were very threatening. Although he was not sure how a group of C-rank's attack could feel so dangerous, he was not planning to test his doubts with his body.

But at the moment he evaded the bullets with ease, his expression changed.

Rain of magical weapons were launched closely above him after the first shot. He has been completely focusing on dodging the barrage of bullets, so he had been unable to notice them.

And they were launch towards below where he was at Mach 10.

Man: Dammit!

He cursed loudly. He hurriedly twisted his body weirdly, finally avoiding all of the weapons safely!

And then...

*Swish!*

A pair of daggers cut towards his neck and heart.

It was Julian. Finally, he had made his move.

Man(Thoughts): When did he...!?

The man was astonished. He was unable to figure how Julian had moved behind him.

How could he know that Julian had trained in the darkness since he was a child? For him, fighting in this environment was the same as fighting normally.

In fact, when the man appeared and started to speak, it was not that Julian failed to notice that the man was buying time for the fog to spread completely. Instead, Julian was also plotting against the man.

The fog was the man's territory, but it was also Julian's.

And the man did not know it, resulting in him being unable to predict Julian's sneak attack.

Both Julian and the man were both <A-> ranks. Their abilities were around the same. Thus, now that Julian managed to sneak attack him successfully, he had the advantage.

*Spurt!*

A dagger pierced the man's shoulder.

In the end, the mas was also an A-rank. At the last instant, he managed to block one of the daggers with his knife while twisting his body to receive the other dagger with his shoulder.

Man: You fucking bastard!

The man bellowed. Instantly, strong ice-cold mana surged from his body, attacking Julian.

Julian moved calmly. Instead of continuing his attack to finish the man, he retreated.

Man: You...