A conversation

(Filly's P.O.V.)
I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I told the person behind the door they could come in. It was Clara who had knocked on my door. I greeted her. "Your father wants to talk to you" she told me after she nodded in greeting. "He's in the livingroom". I nodded and got up to make my way downstairs to the livingroom. I arrived in the livingroom, immediatly stopping in my tracks as I spotted Grace beside dad. I did not have the desire to be around Grace at the moment. She did not have my trust at all and I hated the fact dad seemed to like her or atleast have interest in the blond woman. "We want to have a talk with you" Dad told me, "which I will avoid, thank you" I chuckled before quickly turning around not wanting to deal with this. "Sit down, Fievel!" dad told me harshly. I growled underneath my breath before turning around and walking to a chair across from dad and Grace. With a loud huff I sat down and looked at him waiting for him to continue. "Grace, is" he said but for some reason he couldn't continue. Grace grabbed his arm in a comforting way and nodded for him to continue. I had never seen dad look so fragile, like fine china that could break by a soft gust of wind. I hated seeing him like that. "Well, she is pregnant" dad continued. I raised an eyebrow in confusion "now why would you care if some dumb barmaid got knocked up". Dad licked his lip after hearing my nasty words to not yell at me and stay calm. "I care because the child is mine". Silence filled the livingroom while I looked between dad and Grace. Anger filled my veins as I realized what he had just told me. "Oh fuck off" I told them harsh before walking out the room. "Fievel!" I heard dad call out after me trying to get me to stop. I knew he was coming after me by the creaking sound of the floorboards. "Stay there" he ordered me and I just scoffed while walking further. I grabbed my coat from the clothing hook and walked outside to go the stables. Meanwhile dad kept on trying to have a conversation with me, but I kept my mouth shut. Before I could take my horse out of her stable dad had blocked my way. "Move" I told him in anger but my voice still broke. He simply shook his head. I growled and turned around to look at my horse and turn my back to him. "I understand why you're mad" dad started, "why would I be mad, huh" I asked him and turned around, "Its not like I have the right to be mad at you" I laughed, "I know you always wanted your own kid" I told him and turned back to face my horse. "Fievel, you are my child" he said and I could hear annoyence in his voice. "Not by blood Im not" I scoffed at him, "what did you just say?" dad asked in disbelief. I turned around and faced him "yeah, I've heard you and Grace talk. Heard her say, multiple times by the way, how Im not yours but her child is. How you should take care of her child after its born" I growled at him, "Family isnt always related by blood, Filly" He told me, "but we'll see which one you'll choose. The kid with your own blood or the kid you plucked from the streets" I told him.

Published 28th of july 2022

BA-rain_heart