000

Ivy had always been the girl that was underestimated the one where the very least was expected of her if any standards or expectations if they even existed. This wasn't new to her but was the norm and the typical day-to-day in every situation when she was young. She never lets those thoughts or memories slip her mind so she worked so she'd never be looked down upon again. Not for anyone else on the outside looking in but for herself to prove that she was that girl that she was worth the respect that she most rightfully deserves. She thrived in high school setting herself up nicely for her future with ease.

She got accepted into the top universities in the nation where she decided to put her best attributes to work which where her involvement in arguing and debating and being damn good at it, for that matter. After graduating in the top 1% of her class she proceeded to law school which she deemed easier than expected. However, that was all bliss now she holds the position of co-partner at one of the largest law firms in New York. She's always loved big bank and now without a matter of a doubt she knows her worth and that's what she's making.

Damien

Damien has gone through life with a carefree attitude, it seems that everything he's ever tried worked out for him. When he played sports he succeeded with minimal effort never working overtime to master his craft, but simply doing the bare minimum to meet the expectations of putting work in for the eyes of his coaches. However when the lights were on and it was game day he performed to the highest degree with a lackluster attitude. He carried this ideology and ethic into college, somehow getting into the top universities by what seemed to be just showing up. He did not pursue sports in college despite the numerous offers he received from schools, he simply didn't see what he'd gain.

Soon he found an interest that engaged him and that was debate. He'd never wanted to work for anything in his life until he found the debate team at his university and per usual he excelled and found himself at one of the top law schools in the country. Now he has found himself doing a job he actually loves with a woman which he finds unbearable, quite literally micromanaging him in every way possible getting on his last damn nerve day in and day out. He cannot fathom how anyone can stand her.

AN: Thanks for giving the book a chance and reading it. Please vote and comment any first impressions :)