Chapter 33 | Who'd Want To Read About Us Anyway?

Author's Note: You can say a lot of things about me, but you can't say that I'm not dedicated; it's literally 12 a.m. and I'm sitting in a McDonald's parking lot stealing their free Wi-Fi to post this lol @ how pathetic and sad my life is

Chapter 33 | Who'd Want To Read About Us Anyway?

"When you fall in love it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part." - Captain Corelli's Mandolin

"Do you wanna go shopping?" Aspen randomly asks me.

"No, I don't want to go shopping," I reject with a sigh.

"Why not?" She queries, raising her eyebrows in question. "It'll make you feel better."

"No, it won't because a.) I don't like shopping and b.) I don't need cheering up," I say.

"So, you're saying you're not still sad about Graham?"

"I'm not still sad about Graham - I am perfectly fine."

"Yeah, I'll believe that when you stop crying yourself to sleep at night," Aspen mumbles.

"I told you that I was crying because my ankle was hurting, not because I was thinking about Graham," I reiterate.

"Okay, Sawyer, whatever you say," She replies, but I can tell she doesn't believe me, which makes sense since I'm clearly lying.

Today is Saturday, March 8th, our last day in Cape Cod, which is kind of sad, but also a huge relief, because I am so ready to leave. Not even to go back home, but just to be away from this stupid little touristic town. This has been the Spring Break from Hell and even though it ending means that I have to go back to school, I couldn't be happier that it's just about over. Being back in school these next few months will give me a lot to focus my attention on and that's what I need at this point.

Currently, Aspen and I are in the backyard of the vacation home in the Jacuzzi. I'd planned on spending a lot more time in here over the course of the week, but everything went south and it just never happened. I refused to leave this house without getting in here at least once though, so here we are. It's kind awkward, because my ankle is throbbing (it has been pretty consistently since I stomped out of my room the day Graham and I had that argument a couple of days ago), but that's okay.

"So, are you guys actually broken up now?" Aspen wonders after a couple of seconds of silence.

"I think so," I confirm with a nod and a shrug. "I mean, he's not talking to me, so I guess so."

"Didn't you tell him not to talk to you though?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Well, yeah, but I didn't think he'd actually literally stop speaking to me."

"No offense, but you're kind of not good with the relationship thing," She laughs.

"No offense, but you're kind of the worst friend ever and I don't like you," I say.

"You will forever love me though, so that's okay," She chirps.

"Yeah, whatever you need to believe to get through the day."

It's been three days since my argument with Graham and when I say that he's not said a single word to me, I mean he's not said a single word to me. Like, I'm not even exaggerating. I'm not quite sure if he's doing it just because I told him not to talk to me anymore or if it's just because he's pissed. The former is more likely, but the latter would also be understandable.