Chapter 167

Chapter 167: A Shakedown Cruise

Chen Xiao Cai and Shen Chi had eaten so much at the reception banquet, they were both stuffed.

Having just arrived in a new county, having eaten all kinds of delicacies, having all kinds of expectations for the future, Chen Xiao Cai was so excited. He and Shen Chi decided to take a stroll on the street.

"Lin Ge is amazing as always!" exclaimed Shen Chi.

"Yeah!" Chen Xiao Cai and Shen Chi went to the seafood center and they had heard so much about Lu Lin.

"I heard many people are talking about the fishermen dormitory. Let's go take a look, shall we?" Shen Chi suggested.

Chen Xiao Cai nodded.

Chen Xiao Cai was also very curious about the place called dormitory building.

There were 12 dormitory rooms built first, and they were all taken at this point. The second dormitory building was under construction for some time, but it had not been completed.

Chen Xiao Cai and Shen Chi happened to see a lot of fishermen coming back from sea when they arrived at the dormitory.

Chen Xiao Cai saw the fishing boats coming and mooring in a continuous stream. More than ten carp waving in the sea breeze, which made Chen Xiao Cai feel an upsurge of emotion.

Shen Chi exclaimed in surprise, "The fleet that Lin Ge is building has already begun to take shape! Fancy that! It hasn't been long since he came to the Fish Cabin county though!"

Chen Xiao Cai nodded, "Yeah! Sometimes, Lin Ge appears a bit frivolous, but he has a way to make things happen!"

Shen Chi agreed, "That's right. Li Ge seems to always have some unusual thoughts. Take this bunk bed for an example, it's actually a very simple thing, but it's not easy to think of it."

Qin Ming saw Chen Xiao Cai and greeted him excitedly, "Young Master Cai! You're here too! Finally!"

Chen Xiao Cai nodded, "Yeah, how have you been, Ming!" I heard you are the captain now!"

Qin Ming scratched his head and said shyly, "I'm lucky that I'm in Magistrate Lu's good graces. Are you here to visit the dormitory, can I show you around?"

Chen Xiao Cai nodded, "Thank you, Ming!"

"There are many people in the building now! It hasn't been long since Lin Ge promoted this project, right?" Chen Xiao Cai asked.

The fishermen who were walking past by saw Qin Ming and Chen Xiao Cai, they warmly came over to greet Qin Ming. Although many of them didn't know Chen Xiao Cai's identity, they didn't dare to underestimate him when they saw Qin Ming walking behind Chen Xiao Cai with respect.

"The benefits given by the Magistrate Lu are too good to resist, so more and more fishermen have joined us," Qin Ming said.

Some fishermen were too cautious and they had been watching and weighing and balancing. The first dormitory building was full now, Lu Lin said they needed to suspend the hiring until the second dormitory building was completed.

Chen Xiao Cai nodded and said, "It's very troublesome to not have a stable place to love."

Chen Xiao Cai couldn't help but think of the time the three of them lived in the cave when their parents died. At that time, he wished for a roof over his head, so he could feel why some of the fishermen were so passionate to join the fleet.

......

Chen Xiao Cai looked so excited walking on the street, he said happily, "This Fish Cabin county seems to be very interesting. If I knew this place was so interesting, I would've come here sooner."