Chapter 169

Chapter 169: Dried Shredded Squid

In the fisherman's dormitory.

"Father, how much money did you save this month?" Han Xiao Zhou asked casually with his legs crossed.

"I saved more than six hundred cents. If it wasn't for the medical fees that we owe Magistrate Lu, I should have saved almost one tale of silver. I'm able to save one tale or even more next month," said Han Feng with a smile.

"We've finally paid Magistrate Lu off!" Han Xiao Zhou sighed in relief.

Han Feng nodded. Although he knew Magistrate Lu did not care about that little bit of money, he didn't like the feeling of owing someone money.

Han Xiao Zhou said, "Although we need to hand over some fish after we joined the fleet, it seems that we are earning more than before!"

"Yeah!"

Han Feng usually earned seven or eight hundred cents in the past, but this month he had actually earned one tale of silver.

For fishermen, having caught unmarketable fish was almost inevitable, luckily, Lu Lin's restaurant was willing to purchase any type of fish. Han Feng did some math, he figured the fish he handed over in the fleet had balanced out the unmarketable fish that he had sold to Lu Lin's restaurant.

Two days ago, he was arranged to go fishing on the big pilot ship. He and the team went further in the sea and they fished more.

Lu Lin had been offering a really good price for squid recently, the team was very motivated to fish more squid.

Han Feng thought to himself, 'After joining the fleet, I seem to have earned more. It seems like it happened to not just me, but also the whole team.'

During this period of time, everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Those who had fished strange-looking fish were even more so, Chen Xiao Cai was willing to pay about 500 cents for a strange-looking fish.

It was getting colder and colder, but there was always free hot soup in the kitchen at night. The fishermen were all grateful for this benefit!

Han Xiao Zhou held his chin and said, "His Lordship is such a good person."

Han Feng nodded and said, "Yeah! His Lordship is much better than the previous one, and his brother-in-law has never thrown his weight about."

The previous magistrate's brothers-in-law loved idling about and doing no decent work. One of them loved taking advantage of the fishermen in particular, he would always do credit charge with the fishermen and never had he settled the account with the fishermen.

The fishermen were thrilled when Lu Lin flogged that notorious brother-in-law for pilfery, and the other brothers-in-law all had restrained themselves.

Chen Xiao Cai's image in the hearts of the fishermen was very tall and glorious, they were surprised that not only Xiao Cai was a decent human being, but they were more surprised that Xiao Cai was such a capable businessman.

After Chen Xiao Cai came, more and more seafood stores were opened in the Fish Cabin county.

Some people in the surrounding towns were attracted to the Fish Cabin county by its reputation and they loved the seafood this county had to offer, more often than not, they would spend some money in the seafood center and buy some seafood as presents to their family and friends back home.

The seafood in the Fish Cabin County became more and more famous.

There were also some similar seafood shops in the surrounding counties. The shop owners would always purchase and replenish their stock from Fish Cabin county. As a result, the seafood center in the Fish Cabin county became more and more popular.