𝟎𝟎𝟕 || The chances of being killed by [ y/n ] are low... but never zero

"And here we are!"

"And here we are!"

Walking into the building with loads of people inside, sitting at long tables with wooden plates in front of each, just a small portion of food on them as resources were short and everyone was happy to at least get anything to eat at all. Though, everyone present had a smile on their face, conversing with each other in mostly small groups as the room was illuminated by the yellowish light of candles.

It was evening, time for dinner as everyone gathered there as usual and now that you had two newcomers, going by the name of Kazuha and Tomo, you could show them everything happening in the camp, what wasn't necessarily much but enough for you to be excited about it.

Gorou was also following the three of you, arms crossed as you felt like he didn't really trusted the males as of now. You found it a bit odd considering that he literally believed you telling that you came from another world not long after you two met and now he had his doubts with this two just because they carried a weapon? That's sus.

Anyways, the general always made sure to stand in between you and the other two, feeling a bit uneasy for you to get to close to the newcomers. While going to the other end of the room, multiple soldiers greeted you and Gorou happily, raising their glasses of water as you weren't always so sure about that being water and not something else despite alcohol being strictly forbidden.

Sitting down besides some others after getting your own share of food together with your companions, you stole a quick glance over at Kazuha and Tomo to see how their mood was and it seemed as if they felt comfortable in the friendly atmosphere, what drew a smile upon your face.

Ten minutes later, everyone's glasses were raised in the air, singing Wellerman with all their heart and you felt like this was right where you belonged.
After Gorou telling you that music per se was something rather special, you started to teach the lyrics of that one song to everyone while just singing it, what was definitely embarrassing at first due to you being the only one to sing, but the shedded blood, sweat and tears were paying off as now everyone knew the song from the beginning to the end and singing it every so often build up an even deeper connection to everyone else.