CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Not The Case

"Oh, hell no! I'm not a toddler!"

Left to right, I repeatedly tried to step past Killer to escape the ship and explore the island we had docked at. He blocked me over and over, reflexes much too quick for me to beat.

"No, but you get into the same amount of trouble as one when you're on your own. You're not leaving this ship without an escourt." He explained for the second time, catching my entire face in his hand when I tried to headbutt his chest.

"You're no fun. You're like a parent..." I grumbled, kind of thrown off by just how large his hand actually was.
"Well, somebody has to keep an eye on you." It was true. If left to my own devices, I'd likely cause some mischief, maybe start a war or two.

Deciding to try and beat him at his own game, I smirked, grabbing hold of his wrist and nuzzling into his palm.
"Then, if you're a parent...Can you take me to have some fun, daddy?"

Killer released me and stumbled back almost instantly, shoulders rigid, and the exposed skin just below the rim of his helmet grew pink.
"Ohoho, Killer! Didn't think that was the kind of stuff you were into!" UK snorted as he passed by, Wire chortling in agreement from halfway down the ramp.
"I'm not surprised. Kinda suits him."

Taking the opportunity, I dashed past the startled blond and zoomed down to the ground, continuing to run when I heard the man rush after me.
"Come here, you little shit..!" He growled, almost playfully, and I was barely free for three seconds before he tackled me from behind, hoisting me over his shoulder and rendering me helpless.

He's starting to bulk up. Probably all those carbs.

"I demand a lawyer!" I squawked, laughing as I batted at the centre of his back. It wasn't any use, though. With one arm around my waist over his shoulder, he had me locked in tight, so when I saw Kid sauntering past, I reached my hand out towards him for assistance. "Kiddo! Hey! Sanctuary!"

Much to my surprise, he hadn't made a big deal after I had fled the workshop. In fact, he had acted like it had never even happened, so I followed suit. It was better than making a fool of myself again. Kid glanced in my direction and clicked his tongue, approaching until he was just out of my reach.

"Aw, does the poor little girly want my help?" He taunted me, enjoying my lack of physical strength too much for my liking. "Tough shit. Suffer." Groaning out loud, I slumped down, face burying close to the join of Killer's arm to his torso.

"Huh...Killer, you smell pretty good." I noted, and the man jostled me to shift my position.
"Get your damn nose out of my armpit, girl." He scolded, but not as harshly as he could have. Defiantly, I tried to make my way back to where my face had been.
"Nope. Unless you unhand me this instant, I'm going to bury my entire face in there. I'll move into your armpit, man. Don't test me."

That did the trick, and I had my two feet on the ground in the next moment, but Killer still kept a firm hold of my scruff so I wouldn't try to make another dash for freedom.
"Now, she'll be coming with us while we talk business." He informed his captain, and I shot him a pouty scowl.

"What's with people and scruffing me like a damn cat? This is abuse..." I complained, recalling the other times I had been seized by the same part.
"Because you do this when we lift you up." Killer stated, raising me from the ground, causing my body to curl up.
"Yep." Kid nodded in serious agreement. "It's hilarious."

Damn reflexes...

After Killer had placed me on the ground again, I peered around the port of the island we had landed at, ignoring the two men as they spoke. It seemed like a nice, calm kind of town, despite there being a great number of people wandering around. It almost reminded me of Water 7, minus the canals.