01

"Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"I yelled as I jogged through the crowded campus.

I was late for my lecture once again, Thea did try to wake me up a couple of times but I went right back to sleep because Thea kept me up, she made me watch tennis videos so we could catch techniques.

"Ah damn."I said as I stood by the door obviously way to nervous to walk into the quiet room alone.

"You're late too?"I looked up and saw a girl jogging up to the door.

"Unfortunately."I simply stated as I clutched my tote bag nervously.

"Let's go together, can't stand here forever."She joked which made me giggle before nodding my head before opening the door, we apologized in hush voices before sitting next to each other in the lecture room.

"My name is Simone."she whispered as she sat next to me comfortably and stuck her hand out, I smiled as I shook her hand.

"Uhh. Mecca."I said as I gave her a small smile.

"Nice to meet you. You look so familiar."she said she gave me a few glances, I blushed and shrugged my shoulders before writing down my notes.

After class Simone and I actually got along, we spoke to each other until we got to our dorm block.

"Let me introduce you to everyone."she said as she made her way over to a group of people.

"Keisha, Nathaniel this is Mecca. Mecca these are my friends."Simone said as she gave me a sweet smile.

"I know Mecca the tennis star."Nathaniel said as she hugged me tightly which made me blush.

"Tennis star?"Simone said as she looked at me puzzled.

"Yeah her sister is--"

"Mecca. I've been looking for you everywhere."I heard Thea said which made me look behind me.

"Oh, T-T. I made new friends. That's Simone, Nathaniel, Ke--"

"We're late for tennis practice."Thea said as she pulled my arm.

"I'm sorry."I said as I looked back at them before waving at them as Thea dragged me along.

---

"You going to the bonfire?"I asked as I looked at myself through the mirror.

"No, we have practice in the morning."Thea warned which made me sigh.

"I'll come back early I promise. I'll be back at midnight latest, if not they've kidnapped me."I said which made her squint her eyes before hugging me.

"Be safe."she sternly said, I kissed her cheek before I left.

"Mecca, I was banking on seeing you at tennis practice tomorrow. I didn't know you played tennis."She said as she nudged me which made me smile hard.

"You didn't ask. I have to leave abit early, I don't like leaving Thea alone."I said as I gave her a small smile.

"I can't believe she's your sister. you're a sweet heart."she remarked in shock which made me smile.

"Thea is just mean because it's her coping mechanism. We were home schooled so we are each other's friends. I'm actually adopted."I revealed which made her look at me in shock.

"Let's exchange numbers so I won't lose you again. I have a tennis buddy."she said as she held her hand out, I reached into pocket and gave her my phone.

Simone typed in her number, I sent her a short message to make sure it was the right message and we danced together.

"JR."Simone said with a small smile as she looked behind me, I turned around and saw the guy who was making the speech, he was actually handsome.

"Simone. How have you been?"he asked not taking his eyes off me which made me shyly look away.

"Good, great. You're not here for me are you?" Simone asked as she gave me a smirk.

"I couldn't help but notice your beautiful friend."he said which made look down and blush.

"Let me find Keisha."Simone said which made me panic internally, I looked at her and watched her walk away.

"My name is Jesse Raymond Junior, but you can call me JR."He said as he held out his hand, I looked down at his hand shyly before I shook his hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm Mecca."I said as I gave him a small smile and looked at him.

"Mecca. You play tennis right?"he asked which made me nod my head.

"I've heard about you and your sister Thea. You're both the queen of the court."he said which made me giggle before nodding my head.

"You a tennis fan?"I joked as I looked up at him with a smirk which made him chuckle.

"I might be. You thirsty?"he asked as he handed me his red plastic cup, which made me shake my head.

"I can't. I have practice tomorrow morning."I said as I looked into his eyes.

"I actually have to go just now. I don't like leaving Thea alone."I said as I looked down at my phone to look at the time and it was almost midnight.

"Can I have your number?"he asked sweetly as he gave me an infectious smile as he handed me his phone.

"Sure."I said as I took his phone and typed in my number and name.

"I really have to go."I said as I handed him back his phone.

"I'll walk you to your dorm."he offered.

"Don't you have your baseball team to attend to?"I asked as I pointed to his team that was dancing around obviously quite drunk.

"Ah so you know that I play baseball. You're not a fan aren't you?"he joked which made me roll my eyes as I mumbled 'shut up'.

"Let me walk you."he chuckled which made me nod my head.

He didn't make it awkward when we walked to my dorm in fact I wanted to walk a lot slower so we could keep talking.

"Here's my dorm room."I said as I pointed toward my door.

"do you want to go out for lunch tomorrow after your practice? It's not like I don't have practice too. I do bu--"

"Yeah, sure."I said interrupting him.

"You have my number so call me when you decide on the time and place."I said as I looked up at him.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow?"he asked

"Yeah. Thank you again. I really appreciate it."I said not taking my eyes off him.

"Anytime."he said

"Mecca. You said midnight. It's 2am."Thea said interrupting JR and I, we looked at her in shock.

"I'm here. Goodnight JR."I said as I walked into my dorm.

"Goodnight."he said and with that Thea shut the door.

"That was rude, T."I said

"You know you don't wake up early, Mec. Go to sleep."she said which made me roll my eyes before I walked towards my night stand as I began to take my jewelry off.

"Who was that?"she asked which made me smile and look behind me.

"JR. He's really handsome huh?"I asked which made her laugh before throwing her spare cushion at me.

"Go to sleep."she said.

As I began to put my pajamas on I heard my phone vibrate on the night stand, I looked and saw it was a message from JR.

JR:
2pm
Campus parking lot.