Chapter 46

Not long after Ares threw Dan into the pool back in Florida, Violet and I headed back inside the hotel and have some cold drinks

Two nights later, I'm on the balcony of our hotel.

Tonight, the sky of Atlanta greets me as I go to sit on one of the couches. A sharp pain stabs my lower stomach and assaults my lower back, making me grab the armrest and lower myself on top of the couch.

"Not tonight," I whisper to myself with closed eyes and groan in frustration at the pain intensifying.

Whenever my period hits, the flow is pretty light due to my birth control.

But the pain gets really bad.

As in, I usually pop a bunch of painkillers to numb the pain a bit. The pain makes me faint and throw up and spreads down to my legs, which makes walking one hell of a job and I can never find a position that's comfortable.

And now, the pain is slowly starting to creep in.

I had disregarded the pain earlier today and just blamed it on a sore back. But now that the day is over, I'm taking notice of the cramps.

I came up here to relax and take my mind off of things. But all I can focus on is the contractions and the ache spreading around my stomach.

I decide to lay back on the couch and focus my gaze on the stars, searching for constellations or anything else to distract me.

Closing my eyes for a brief second, I regulate my breathing and focus on the movement of my chest and stomach.

Another sharp pain stabs at my pelvis and I turn over on the couch, curling up and bringing my knees to my chest.

"Come on," I sigh and start to do breathing exercises, which aren't of much help. Another bout of pain comes over me and goes to my back.

It's like needles, knives and all sorts of sharp objects are tearing through my flesh, from the inside and out.

I need some fucking painkillers and water. And fucking chocolate. And a hot compress. And greasy food. Maybe some tea as well. And a good show to watch.

As I push myself up and want to stand up, my legs give out and I fall on the couch again. The pain has taken a hold of my thighs like a thorn.

I fall back on the couch and feel the tears stinging my eyes at the pain and the helplessness I'm feeling.

Closing my eyes, I decide to let them shut for just a few minutes.

I should've realized that those minutes were going to drag out, but the pain was exhausting me, and eventually, I fell into a light slumber.

I only realize that, because I'm being woken up by something. Or rather... someone.

"It's me," a deep and familiar voice reassures, and then I'm being lifted in a pair of strong and warm arms. "Come here."