Chpt 33: The Doctors Office

"I'll ask you one more time. Who do you work for!"

"I'll tell you one more time... I. Don't. Work. For. Anyone!" i exclaimed. The four Russian guards stared at me and scoffed. "How did you find us?" one of them asked as he leaned in close to me.

"I was looking for the bathroom... Obviously, i didn't find it" i said smugly. The Russian guards all gave each other a smirk. "We don't usually like to use physical force on women... But we have our exceptions" he spat.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll ask you one more time, who do you work for?" he asked. I kept quiet. The man hit me across the face. "Who do you work for!" he shouted.

"I don't work for anyone!" i shouted back. I saw a wave of anger come over him. He hit me once again but this time with much more force.

This went on for a while. Back and forth arguing and every time i answered "incorrectly", i'd get hit. After what felt like hours, two guards dragged me into a small room as i could not walk on my own.

I felt my blood streaming down my face and it felt as if my eye was about to pop out of my skull. They threw into the room and shut the large, metal door. I laid there not being able to move.

I tried to open my eyes, but when i did, it looked like the whole room was spinning. I gave up as small cries escaped me. Suddenly, the door flew open as the guards threw Steve next to me.

He was full unconscious. I used all my strength to crawl over to him. "Steve? Steve? What the hell did you do to him? What did you do?!" i exclaimed. The head guard slapped me across the face as i fell back onto the floor.

The guards picked us up and tied us down onto the two chairs. "Steve wake up" i mumbled. Once we were tied down, the guard grabbed Steve by his hair and examined his face. "Don't touch him. Don't you dare touch him asshole" i snapped.

The guard clicked his tongue. "I think your friend needs a doctor" he said as he walked towards me. "Good thing. We have the very best." All the guards began to laugh. He leaned in close to me, inches away from my face.

"Come on, pretty, just tell us who you work for" he said. I spat in his face causing all the guards to stop laughing. The guard wiped the spit off his face and shook his head. "You are going to regret that, suca" he said.

They all left as i shouted at them. Once they had left, i felt tears streaming down my face. A couple of minutes later, i felt Steve begin to move. He groaned in pain.

"Steve!" i exclaimed. "Hi" he mumbled. "How do you feel?" i asked. "We'll, my ears are ringing, i can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out if it's skull, but, you know apart from that... I'm doing pretty good" he said.

"So we're on the same page then. Good news, they're getting us a doctor" i said sarcastically. "Is this his place of work? I love the vibe" he said sarcastically. I laughed as he laughed along with me. Suddenly, my laugh turned into sobs. "Joy?" Steve questioned.

"Hey, Joy?" he said. He tried to turn to me but was unable to. "I want my dad" i mumbled through tears. Steve was surprised to see me like this. He had never seen me in such a state. No one had.

"Joy. Your going to see your dad again. Look, if we just try and move over there to those scissors" he said throwing his head right. I looked and saw a pair of scissors on the small table.

We both hopped in the chair trying to reach the table. We moved and moved and moved until we were right next to it. "Okay one last time" he said. We jumped but this time, we both fell over.

We both groaned as we fell onto the floor. "We should've never come down here" Steve mumbled. I just laid my head on the floor as tears and blood streamed down my face.

"There was so much i wanted to do. And i never had the balls to just do it" he said. "Like what?" i asked. "I was going to save up my money, try and get any other job apart from working for my dad, move out of Hawkins, get a job, a wife, kids, maybe live in some suburb house with a dog " he said. "Sounds nice" i said. He went quiet.

"And i wasn't going to do it alone."

My heart dropped. "Who would you be with?" i asked. "I thought about it a lot. At first, i thought Nancy might come with me but you know... That obviously didn't work out. And then, for a while i thought i would do it on my own" he said as he bit his tongue.

"And now?" i questioned. He let out a small, sad laugh. My heart began beating faster and faster as i thought i knew his answer. Robin? It was obvious she liked him. Or maybe it was another girl he met at the shop. Who?

"I want to do it with you, Jo."

I felt my breathing stop. "Joy, did you pass out over there?" he asked as i went quiet. "No... Just thinking" i said. He nodded as he stayed quiet. "You do realise i can't do all of that with you, Steve" i said.

He sighed sadly. "Wait, no, i don't mean i don't want to it's just... I don't know if i can do all of that" i said. "Why not?" he asked.

"Because... I can't be someone's house wife... And, i'm not living in the suburbs" i said with a small smile. Steve laughed. "What's your plan then?" he asked.

"My plan is... I'd get a scholarship to some fancy ass school with a bunch of privileged assholes while you try and find a job you love. Then, we would both move to somewhere like, New York or something. You'd do whatever you love and i'd be a writer. Every morning, we'd do some cringey romanance movie shit. Like, go for a walk in the park or have coffee at some fancy cafe or go to the farmers market. Then i thought we'd move back to England and live in the country side. We'd have some kids. And TWO dogs."

Steve smiled. "Then we'll do that" he said. "You mean, we would do that. If we weren't about to die in some secret Russian basement" i joked. "Well... Yeah. There's that" he said.

"Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. We would have never made it, Harrington" i said. "Maybe your right... But i would have liked to try" he said.

I nodded my head. "It was fun while it lasted" Steve said. We both went quiet. Suddenly the door flew open once more. This time, the guards had dragged in Robin.

They shoved her onto a chair and tied her up. The head guard looked at us lying on the floor and then at the scissors on the table.

"Where were you two going?" he joked. They stood the chairs up right and shoved Robin next to us. I gave Robin a relived smile. I was at least happy that she was okay.

The guard leaned in towards Steve. "Try telling the truth this time, yes? It will make your visit with Dr. Zharkov less painful" he said stroking his face.

Steve winced in pain at his touch. When the "Doctor" walked over to us, he was holding a big needle. "Okay, wait, wait, wait! What is that thing?!" Steve exclaimed.

"It will help you talk" the doctor said. "Wait, wait, wait! Did you even clean that thing?!" Steve shouted. The Doctor grabbed Steve's head as he shoved the needle into his neck.

Steve screamed in pain as Robin looked at me with fear. The doctor then made his way towards me. "Are you ready?" he asked. I took a deep breath.

"Would now be a good time to tell you i don't like doctors?"