Chapter XI

You know that saying, "Bad things never come alone?" Well, today proved that! After the disaster with Caitlin's mother, she and Barry have been taking advantage of every minute to train, both the powers that Killer Frost possessed, and how to control Caitlin's self-control.

However, another problem had come to the lives of our superheroes and this one just being a problem of the past, came to haunt our favorite superhero. Barry Allen's day had started like all the others, however around eleven in the morning he got a call that changed his mood and for the worse.

-Hey, what's going on?-Caitlin asked when she saw the state her friend was in after hanging up Joe's call.- Barry, you're scaring me, what's going on?

- He returned!

- Oh?! Who?" asked Cisco, listening to our conversation.

- Jessie!

- Can someone explain to me who Jessie is?- asked Caitlin. 

"Jessie Owens was the metahuman who put that young Jordan in danger." Wells said, looking at Caitlin. "But I thought he was trapped in one of the metahuman prisons.

- So did I, but it seems that after a power failure, he managed to escape.

"Do you think he's coming here?" Cisco asked, but the worst was yet to come.

- Breaking news. We're live from the Central City bank, where a robbery is taking place that has five hostages, four adults and one teenager.

The idea of ​​facing Jessie again was making Barry quite nervous, as he didn't want to go back to the state he was in after their first fight. In fact, this whole situation was quite similar to what happened in the past, which scared our superhero even more.

- We just received a video of the criminal.- said the reporter, on television.

- Did you miss me, Central City?! And you, Flash, did you miss me? I hear you've been hospitalized, but I've seen you've managed to pull yourself together. I prepared this situation just so we can see each other again and look at the coincidence when I saw that one of the people inside the bank is our friend Jordan. If you don't want anything to happen to him again, you better hurry up to the Central City bank! It would be a shame if he got hurt again, just like in the past.  You have fifteen minutes!

- No... no... no... this can't be happening again! - Barry exclaimed walking from one side to the other. - I'm not ready to face him again... What if history repeats itself? I can't bear to live in the same situation again!

- That's not going to happen and do you know why? Because this time you won't face him alone.- Caitlin said, approaching her best friend.

- And if I can't face him? What if I break down?

- Hey... look at me please... Barry that's not going to happen.

Although quite reticent, Barry eventually agreed and after getting ready, they headed to the Central City bank. After talking to the CCPD, who were on site trying to calm the situation down, they went into the bank. However, Cailtin could see that Barry wasn't feeling well, so she carefully leaned him against the bank's door, which was already locked.

- I can't do this again! I'm a loser!

- Look at me... - she said turning into Caitlin. - Those people inside believe in you, people outside believe in you, but more importantly I believe in you! I won't let you fight alone, I promise.

"Do you really promise?" Barry asked and, without thinking twice, Caitlin gave him a quick kiss on the lips, making him look at her in disbelief.

- Trust me?

- Of course!

- So let's do it! We have a metahuman to defeat.- Said Caitlin transforming back into Killer Frost.

- Flash, we met again and I see you brought a friend.- Jessie said looking at us, as soon as we appeared at the door of the room where he was with the hostages.- I honestly thought you wouldn't have the courage to come here, after the what happened.

- But why do villains talk so much? In my time, we talked less and attacked more... They don't make villains like they used to, honestly... What a waste.- Killer Frost said, forming a knife made of ice, in the palm of her left hand.

- Are you going to let your little girlfriend fight for you? Is your fear of facing me that much? Or do you need an incentive?!-Exclaimed Jessie picking up Jordan, putting him in front of him.

"Let him go!" exclaimed Barry trying to remain confident, however they all knew he was quite scared, which was perfectly normal.

However before Jessie could hurt Jordan again, Killer Frost lunged at the metahuman and stabbed her icy knife into his right leg, causing him to lose his balance, which allowed Barry to rescue all the people, including Jordan, taking them out of the bank. When he returned, he saw Killer Frost in front of Jessie.

- Let it be the last time you call him weak, understand?! Now what will happen is that he will take you to the police and you will stay in a small cell forever and if you ever have the idea of ​​escaping again, think of me first, because you believe that I will personally pursue you and I will end you. He's too good a person to hurt someone, but I have no problem freezing someone to death.

- I think he already got the idea, Frost. - said Barry showing a small smile as he took Jessie to the CCPD van, which would take him to the metahuman prison.

"See, I said you could trust me... or rather us." Killer Frost said, transforming back into Caitlin.

- Thank you Caitlin - said Barry hugging his best friend - I really don't know what I would do without your help. I couldn't ask for a better partner than you both!

"Of that you can be sure, dear"- commented Killer Frost.