Episode 35

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 35

The playlist for this chapter is  Cian Ducrot - Hello Gorgeous' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV

"Yes!" My pulses leaped anew as my fist punched the air out of excitement. I was beginning to get worried that my cheeks will split apart by the way I was grinning.

You don't have to blame me, Micaela said 'yes' to me, I mean she's now my girlfriend! So why shouldn't I be excited? My mind echoed with the sweet words of Micaela and that was all it takes for my lips to part into a good-humored smile.

I Fernando Perez am currently in a relationship! I can't believe this, how did everything happen so fast? Just yesterday I thought I'll never be able to love any woman on this planet, but look at me now, I did love someone like every normal man.

"Fernando, you love a woman" I chuckled at myself. Not just any kind of woman but a special woman named Micaela Alvarado who is a nerd just like me. A beautiful woman with an amazing personality.

A frown settles on my face and I began to regret not getting close to her back in high school, perhaps she wouldn't have been bullied then.

My gaze faltered and fell on the road and I brooded in silence. A sigh escapes my mouth when I realized there was nothing I could do to change that. It's in the past now, I'm here to make her feel loved for all the time she was bullied. I'll protect her and no one will ever dare to hurt her again, and more importantly, I'll treat her like the queen that she is and the thought of suicide will never creep into her mind again.

A goofy grin spreads on my face when I thought of his thrilled my mom will be when hears that her son has finally found a woman to make his wife! And how would I forget about Antonio, my buddy? He will for sure be the happiest when he finds out about the new man I've become.

Speaking of Antonio, he will be so surprised by the news because it wasn't part of our plan before I came here. It was a last-minute decision I made while traveling a thousand miles down here. My heart was aching to have someone like Micaela beside me. She needs me just the same way I need her in my life and that is why I made her mine.

I dig out my phone and dialed my best friend’s line and he picks up on the second ring. "Hello, brother!" I shrieked with excitement.

"Woah! It's been like forever since I heard such a cheering voice from my buddy! What's up, bro?" Antonio snorted on his end?

"I guess I sounded so happy than expected" I grin and went to rest my back on the rails used in fencing the rooftop.

"Yes, you did and still do. So, tell me, what or who has caused my buddy to be this delighted? What's the good news man?"

"You should take a guess" I replied grinning from ear to ear.

"If this isn't about business then it has to do with... Micaela Alvarado" he said and chuckled and I laughed.

"How smart of you. You are right bro, that woman just made me the happiest man alive".

"Really? Right now, I'm intrigued. What did she do to you?"

"I asked her to be my girlfriend and guess what? She accepted!" I exclaimed. I want the whole world to know that Fernando eventually fell in love despite my traumatic past.

"Are you for real?!"

"Yes buddy, it's for real. Hard to believe right?"

"Yes...yes, it's very hard to believe, especially when you never told me you'll be proposing to her, bro. What happened down there? I need a full gist!"