Episode 41

A

DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 41

The playlist for this chapter is 'Rhys Lewis - No Right to love you do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV cont'd

"Mine? Are you okay?"

She gave a slight nod and gaze down at her fingers and started fiddling with them. She was fidgeting and my panic grew. "Babe, what is wrong with you? You don't seem alright, was it because of the question I asked you? If my question threw you off mood then I'm sorry, maybe you shouldn't answer it if that would make you feel better. I was only...."

"It's fine" she cuts me off, "I...is just that...."

"You can't answer it?" I completed her sentence and she blink her eyes severally within a second. "I'm sorry I brought up such a sad incident to our joyful moment, please forgive me. I only wanted to know what I can do so that you can never think of hurting yourself that way anymore because if you ever do that you know I'll be the one that will be hurt the most".

She flashed me a brief smile and shook her head. "I'll never dare do that again, I have a reason to live now which are you".

I gave a sharp sigh of relief and hugged her. "I adore you, Micaela" I whisper to the crook of her neck.

"I love you, Ferd" she mutters and my heart thudded. An impeccable smile warms my cheek hearing those words come from her. I kiss her forehead and hugged her even tighter.

The fun we had in the Ansan JarakGill mountain is extraordinary. Shortly after we left there, Micaela took me to another place that made me feel all special and loved.

Glancing around the vicinity, it looked like an abandoned apartment. The construction of the building was like a mini-cave. On getting inside, lights surrounded the room and my eyes caught sight of everything in the room.

From the art on the wall to the vase of flowers on the floor. My gaze traces the path to the writings on the walls and a few other things. The outside must have looked ugly, but the inside was more beautiful than I'd imagined. It was neat like someone was taking care of it.

My gaze narrowed to the lady that has brought me here "How on Earth did you find this place?!".

She laughs and replied "I told you I love adventure! This is a secret place, so many people don't even know about it, but Micaela Alvarado does know about it. And do you know how I found it?"

"Exactly my question, how did a princess like you find such a place? Who told you about it?"

"An old Monk" she giggles and I wrinkled confusedly at her.

"An old Monk?"

"Yes, an old Monk! Two years ago, I met this very old Monk who liked me much and wanted me to marry his son...."

"Wait, what was that?" I cut in and she chuckles.

"Calm down and listen to the whole story, would you?"

"Go on" I replied and she nods and continued.

"So, the old Monk wanted me to be betrothed to his only son who lives in North Korea because he saw me as a sweet angel that can take care of his son when he must have passed away and...."

"I don't understand, how would he just see you and tell you that?"

"C'mon Ferd, is not like we just met on one day and he decided to tell me that. We were really good friends and we trusted each other so much that's why he chose me out of many. Is so sad he passed away last year and left this place in our care, I mean his son and me".

A frown settles on my face upon hearing that story. Out of curiosity, I asked, "And his son, where is he now?"

"He is here in Seoul handling his father's property and all that".

"Does that mean you've met with him?" I grow at the thought of having that Monk's son here in Seoul.

"Well...yes. But...."

"But?" I asked wanting to know more if something was going on with both of them before I came.

"Hey, I know what you are thinking now! Nothing happened, we didn't even get a chance to date because he had a girlfriend already before we met!"

"Oh, you mean to say if he didn't have a girlfriend then you would have...."

"No Ferd! No! He's not my spec, and besides I wasn't interested in any relationship until I met with you" She cuts in and a small smile played on my lips.

"Are you practically saying that I'm your first love?"

"Yes, yes, and yes. I told you this before, you are the only man I've ever loved. You are my first and last love" she affirms and my heart sprinted with excitement.

Transformed with an over-mastering passion, I inquired "You promise?".

"Yes, I promise my life" she answered and I couldn't help but hold her waist and lifted her. "Ferd!" She screamed my name giggling and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Thank you for coming into my life, Micaela" I kissed her so passionately and then put her down.

"Let's write something on the wall that will always remind us that we were once here. That's what this place is actually for, just for keeping memories" she said holding my hand.

"C'mon, let's do it" I replied almost immediately. We both walked to the wall and stood in front of it.

"You go first" She handed me a small brush with yellow paint on it and I glance down at it.

"I should go first?"

"Yes!" She clamors excitedly and I nodded and took the brush from her.

As I stared at the wall with the brush in hand, I wondered what I should write that will make sense and be a romantic one at that since I'm no lover-boy. I'm just starting this thing called love, what can I possibly write right now?

"C'mon Ferd, write something, anything that first comes to your mind" she cajoled.

I gaze down at her eyes and right there lies the inspiration I needed. I flashed her a smile and I began writing. "Done!" I announced and her gaze narrowed to the wall.

"Micaela Alvarado, you are floating through my heart. You are my diamond and will forever be. I promise to always protect and treasure you as the diamond that you are. Your love, Ferd! " she read aloud and she squints at me looking awestruck.

"Oh no, that sound's dumb, right? You don't like it I know, I'm sorry but I just wrote what was on my mind. Maybe I should just wipe it off and...." She sealed my lips with a kiss. Blown away by the kiss, silence erupted from me.

"I love it, that was sweet and romantic of you" she chirps and a grin spreads on my face.

Feeling a little bit proud of myself I responded "I'm happy you liked it. Now it's your turn, I'm eager to see what you have to write" I handed her the brush and she accepted it and deeps it in the paint.

Just right next to my writing, she began writing hers. "Looking..." I read the first word she wrote and waited for her to continue,"...at...my...life" I paused for her to finish up writing and then she stopped writing. "...I found a man with a diamond heart that I'm going to cherish for the rest of my life". I squint at her and then back to her writings and I read them again. "Looking at my life, I found a man with a diamond heart that I'm going to cherish for the rest of my life. Your diamond, Micaela".

My cheeks were almost splitting apart again from grinning too much. "Wow! Is incredible, I love it" I confessed.

It was as if her eyes were searching the depth of my soul as she stared at me. "Thank you. I do mean what I wrote, I'm going to cherish you throughout the rest of my life. You'll never regret knowing or having me as your woman" she promised in a fruity voice.

Her promise moved me to a strange silence. I don't believe in promises from people, but now that I have her...perhaps I'll make adjustments. "I hope so" came my quiet reply and she steps forward and hugs me.