NEW-Part1

Harry woke in his bed, rain pattered against the window. He sat up, looked around and sighed. He had a dream he was back at Malfoy manor, but it was only a dream. He had actually spent all summer with his aunt and uncle. Their attitude toward him hadn't changed much since he had been gone, but at least they gave him a bedroom this time around. He got out of bed and changed his clothes. He heard the latch outside the bedroom click.

"Get up boy you have guests." Vernon growls through the door.

"Guests?" Harry questions trying to sound surprised even though he had planned for his friends to come pick him up. He quickly gets some of his things together and rushes down stairs. When he arrives Draco and Jade are waiting for him. "You guys made it." He says with a smirk. "I didn't think he would let you."

Draco nods. "Dad took some convincing."

Vernon and his wife stood in the doorway of the kitchen. "Why are you here?" He questions.

"We came to take Harry supply shopping before class, although the bus won't be around for a few hours." Jade replies. "I hope that it's ok if we stay for just a little while."

Draco frowns looking around. "Small house is very minimalist. He looks rather disgusted. "And it smells awful."

Petunia stiffens. "Well, aren't you a home décor critic?"

Draco scoffs. "Forgive me if I can't see a use for such..." He replies motioning toward a shelf of little statues of horses. "I'm not really sure how to describe that."

"Potter." Vernon grumbles. "Your friend's best act more pleasant."

Harry nods. "Stop insulting them or we will have to wait for the bus in the rain."

Draco nods. "Right." He gives them both an apologetic look.

Dudley returns home from having hung out with his friends. "Oh, Harry has visitors?"

"Hello Dudley." Harry says. "I suppose I should introduce you guys. Um... Draco Malfoy and Jade Firegem." He motions to his friends.

Vernon kind of scowls. "Not that we care."

Jade extends her hand to petunia. "I was an orphaned witch. I never knew my parents as I was raised by muggles like Harry. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"At least she has some manners." Petunia says warily, shaking her hand.

"If you will be staying you will need to put your stuff in the cupboard." Vernon declares opening the spot under the stairs.

Jade and Draco look at Harry confused.

"They don't like magical items. They locked my robes and broom and all my other school supplies in the cupboard." he says.

The two nod and slide their suitcases into the cupboard. Vernon locks it shut and retires to the living room.

Petunia turns to harry. "Why don't you fix some breakfast." Then she turns and leaves.

Harry frowns. "Yes ma'am."

Jade and Draco wait while he cooks and when he is finished they go to the back porch, it's a glass room with a concrete floor and garden chairs. Each of them with a piece of toast Harry had smuggled them.

"It's like living in a prison." Draco mumbles. "Are all muggles like this?"

"No." Harry says. "I'm just unlucky I think."

Jade breathes in looking at the sky. "It's been a few weeks since I have been outside. Well nearly outside." She laughs a little. "Smells like somebody is grilling down the street. I miss grilled food."