𝑣.

endings are hard, but then again
nothing ever really ends, does it?

CHAPTER v. tributes parade

Emerald let out a hysterical scream as she was grabbed by the arms and dragged across District 12's gravel road. It was early morning, still dark. She had a couple of traumatising nightmares which tempted her to finally get out of bed.

It was only when she just mad it out of the woods that a group of strong boys had gotten ahold of her and shoved a white gag into her mouth and tied it around her head. It stretched her mouth back, making her muscles sore.

Emerald was terrified, shaking with fear. The boys made several snickers as two flew her body over the statue of President Snow in the middle of the fountain.

She widened her eyes as she caught their faces. No. Masks. Horrifying, clown masks. If there was one thing Emerald was scared of in life, it was masks.

She remembered a few months back this year there had been a halloween celebration at the local school. Damon had taken her there as a joke, to see what halloween was like. It wasn't a rich ceremony, but several kids and teachers had dressed up.

It traumatised Emerald, more than anything she's ever faced. How the boys had found out she was scared of masks, she didn't know.

She shut her eyes so tightly it felt like the muscles would rip apart. Letting out a blood curling scream through the gag, one of the guys gripped her chin harshly and moved too close into her face.

"Shut your fucking mouth, pussy." Emerald's body was shaking so hardly.

One of the boys in a cruel, bunny mask with splattered blood on it opened a bag and pulled out several ropes.

"This is going to be fun." He chuckled as he firmly tied the rope on both her wrists and around the statue. She let out a muffled scream as one with a black, white slitted eyes moved to her face, so close that his mask's nose grazed her cheek.

"Afraid of some masks are we? I'm gonna fucking kill you, Emerald." He was too close, his wide slitted eyes staring straight into hers.

Emerald felt a sting on her neck, and looked down to see a sharp blade.

He pushed it slightly into her neck and she shrieked and shoved against the ropes. It was too tight, she was going to die. She was going to be murdered. What had she done? To deserve this? She was only thirteen, what had she done?

"Strip her." The guy smirked through the mask and snatched a bucket from his friend.

Snickering, one of them firmly pulled her shirt off, revealing only her bra she wore. Emerald was furious, terrified. Tears streamed down her face, her head banged against the statue's shoulder as she let out a cry of despair.

"STOP! PLEASE!" She shrieked through the hanky, but it was no good.

Once she was stripped down to her underwear and bra, the leader scooped up a bucket of water.