42.

Y/N

I finished getting ready for my appointment as I took my phone off the charger then realized I had it on airplane mode the whole night. I was so exhausted coming off the plane last night I literally just hooked my phone up, got undressed then got in the bed.

I turned off airplane mode beginning to see a whole bunch of calls from Bucky and texts. Immediately I grew concerned and called him as soon as possible. The phone dialed about four times before he picked up answering in a groggily voice. "Hello?" He answered. "Yeah you okay?" I asked concerned. "I've been calling you all night Y/N" he expressed. "Yeah I know. I'm sorry I just got in the bed as soon as I got home." I apologized.

"Yeah but you could've at least sent me a text or something I was worried about you" he said kind of pissed as I just sighed to myself. "Okay and I said I was sorry" I brought up. "You are in a different state from me. I'm not there so I need to know you're okay not you not answering your phone" he explained.
"Bucky what is really going on with you?" I asked in all honesty wanting the truth and nothing but the truth because he's been off lately.

"Nothing I'm okay I'll talk to you later" He assured "okay" I said. "I love you" I started off. "love you too" he said before he hung up and I just closed my eyes taking a breather before going downstairs. I grabbed my keys along with my wristlet going out the house. I locked my door and walked towards my car seeing a couple that was walking stare at me as they walked past.

I just rolled my eyes about to get into the car. "Hey Y/N/N!" I overheard Jessica say loudly from two houses down. "Hey?" I asked confused watching her make her way towards me. "Jess I actually have an appointment to get too" I informed trying to keep the conversation short. "Oh that's fine I just wanted to know if I could come over later and talk to you about something important?" She asked as I looked at her concerned. "Are you okay?" I questioned. "Yeah-there's just this guy i don't know" She stumbled over her words some.

I didn't care for Jessica but when it came to a man doing something to a woman he had no business doing I'm all for helping them out no matter What the issue is. "You're not being stalked or this guy placing his hands on you right?" I asked. "No but he can get carried away and placed his hands on me from time to time" She admitted as I felt bad. "I'll talk to you about it later You need to get to your appointment." She said with a faint smile before walking seat as I watched her walk away concerned.

I finally got into my car driving to my OB/GYN. Once I made it I got out and signed in then waited in the waiting room seeing pregnant women left and right. I just looked down at my phone soon hearing a woman beside me. "You're expecting too?" She asked as I looked over at her and she had a warm smile on her face. "No I'm here because I'm having a regular check up" I said with a small smile.

"Same I've just been feeling nauseous" she said "you sure you're not pregnant?" I asked in a small laugh. "Sweetheart I am fifty seven years old there is no babies sliding out of here" she jokingly but seriously said as we shared a laugh. "I'm here because I'm spotting when I'm not on my period and my breasts are sore" I explained as she looked at me. "You sure you're not expecting?" She asked as I laughed some.

"No it's probably the side effect on the birth control pills I just got on" I explained waving her off. "I'm Val" she introduced holding her hand out as I smiled and placed my hand out
"Y/N" I answered before we shook each other's hands. "You look so familiar" Val said looking at me as her eyes then squinted. "You're friends with Sam Wilson?" She asked as I nodded. "That's where I know you from" she expressed. "And your James Buchanan Barnes girl friend right?" She questioned as I nodded once again.

"I guess cap passed and his best friend took care of you huh?" She asked which threw me off. "You'll be surprised how many people get into relationships with someone and their best friend of who they used to be with actually becomes their life long partner" she explained as I heard a woman call my name. I turned my head seeing a woman from the back call my name notifying me to come in the back for vitals and a room for the doctor.

"Yah it was nice meeting you" I simply said before getting up and following the women towards the back. I got my weight and vitals taken care of along with peeing in a cup for testing purposes. A woman who brought me back also asked me questions regarding my period and too be honest I didn't have a period due to not taking the last week of the pills which is where i normally had my period and skipping to the next month.

About fifteen minutes later there was a knock on my room door and I turned watching the doctor come in on her clip board. "Hi Ms. Y/L/N" she greeted with a small smile. "Hi" I greeted back. "What are you coming in for today?" She asked sweetly. "I'm spotting when I shouldn't be and also my breast are really tender like I don't want anybody to touch them" I expressed.

"Well pregnancy can do that to you" She said throwing me off. "What?" I asked. "Yeah when all women come through here we test their urine for STD's, infections and pregnancy and you came up positive for pregnancy" She explained. "But how I came off the IUD because I didn't want that in me and jumped straight on the pills" I explained.

"Yes and you've been taking them for more than a month" She added as I agreed "yeah okay, so how did I get pregnant?" I questioned. "Remember I explained when you got on the pills you literally have to take the pills everyday at the same time because if you just do it whenever it can cause pregnancy?" She asked as I just sat there. My ass should've just stayed on the the damn IUD.

"Yeah." I simply said "remember now?" She questioned "yes" I answered as she laughed some. "So congratulations we're going to go in the other room and do your ultrasound" She instructed as I got up grabbing my things and following her to the next room.

Shit. Shit. Shit was all I thought to myself as I walked into the next room getting onto the table as she had me unbutton my pants and pull them down some. I watched as the doctor got the equipment together then placed on a pair of gloves squeezing the gel onto my belly before moving the machine over my stomach and taking pictures of what was the baby. "You're literally a month today" She informed as I looked at the screen about to cry only because I had no idea how to even tell Bucky.

"Shit" I said to myself looking at the screen as she continued taking pictures. She soon was done and wiped down my stomach before I got back up and buttoned my jeans. "Now that you're pregnant I have to see you here about every month just to check in on you and the baby. so you can set up your next appointment at the desk" The doctor explained with a smile while handing me the ultrasound photos.

"Congratulations again" She congratulated "Thank you" I thanked watching her walk out as I grabbed my wristlet, phone and keys still in disbelief. I went To the desk scheduling my next appointment which was a month from today then got in the car getting a twenty piece and some cookies from McDonald's then finally went home.

Once I made it home I walked into the house locking the door and going into the kitchen beginning to eat my food and look down at the ultrasound picture. I just sighed to myself eating another nugget grabbing my phone to call Bucky. I went straight to his contact information beginning to call him.

It started to dial as he answered on the fifth ring. "Hello?" He answered "hey" I said trying not to cry. "Hey you alright?" He asked. "Um I need to talk to you about something" I started off taking a silent breath. "I uh- I went to the doctor today and I'm pregnant" I finally said.