𝑻𝒆𝒏

Kind and Gentle

Remus stayed awake all night reading through one of Freya's books, he took notes and the parts that interested him most. One part that caught his attention was werewolves that look like regular wolves, not the humanoid kind he turned into.

Werewolves who fully accept their true nature can learn to be tamer, possess the ability to take away others' pain, and smell fear among many emotions as well as sense when others of their kind are around...

"Remus," Sirius mumbled, pulling his attention away from the book, "it's 4:30 in the morning, go to sleep,"

"Just can't stop thinking about-

"Freya," he said,

"No-

"You like her, I can see it, she's pretty,"

"I wasn't thinking about Freya," he said, Sirius rolled his eyes, turning over away from Remus' light. "Can I ask you a question hypothetically,"

"Sure," Sirius turned over waiting for him to continue

"Do you think it's possible, for me to be calmer on a full moon?"

"Well, if you'd paid attention to anything we've been trying to tell you for the last two months, you'd know that we figured out how to become animagi,"

"You did?"

"Yeah, it can long process so we're going to wait until the summer, last time you'll be alone though,"

"What do you mean?" he questioned

"If we successfully become animagi then, we can be with you on your full moons," he couldn't let them find out about Freya, it was her secret to tell not his. "Remus?"

"Sorry, that sounds great but aren't there risks?"

"Yeah, but we're going to follow it thoroughly,"

"You won't even study, how do you expect to achieve this level accurately,"

"What is with you?" Sirius argued, "we thought you'd be happy not to spend all night alone, clawing and biting at yourself,"

"I am happy that you're all willing to do this for me, but it's a big risk, and if it goes wrong-

"That's our problem to deal with, now go to sleep Moony,"

***

Remus hadn't seen much of Freya since her parent's visits, Mary and Alice spent a lot of their time with her. He didn't mind not spending time with her, she seemed happy enough to hang out with some girls rather than him.

Though it dwelled on his mind, that after the summer, Freya's secret would be out. While he trust his friends with his secret that didn't mean Freya would automatically, trust them too, he had to find some way to break it to them, that he didn't need them on a full moon without sounding suspicious.

'If that was even possible'

As though she could feel his growing conflict she excused herself from Mary and Alice, following her instincts that led her right to him, he sat with his head deep in a book. Appearing strained as he read the words, she carefully approached him, tapping his shoulder, he slammed the book shut.

"Oh it's you," he said, sounding relieved, "I thought it was, nevermind,"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just trying to make sense of this," he showed her the book.

"Ah, that puzzled me too," she looked down at the page which read.

The more a werewolf transforms the easier the transformation will become. With that comes control more control the werewolf will have over itself. While still dangerous to humans they can exhibit kind, gentle gestures to their own kind.

"I don't understand, I've been transforming every month since I was four years old," he said, almost angry, "the pain never gets easier, no control, I might not remember much, but I know I'm not kind or gentle,"

"Remus-

"One hundred and seven times, I've had to endure a full moon alone, hurting myself and biting scratching, then the last one I spent with you, I felt peaceful, still angry and but peaceful enough not to attack," tears filled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, you spent all them nights alone," she held his hand, "you are a kind and gentle person, Remus," she leaned down to kiss his cheek, "Please remember that,"

"You told your parents I was your saviour," he cupped her cheek "I believe you were mine,"

"Moony?" he heard James, calling he snatched his hand away from her "There you are come on, we need to talk about your birthday party,"

"I told you I didn't want one,"

"Oh come on, a party would be fun," she said,

"It's not every day your turned fourteen, Thorns right it will be fun," James said, he sighed, nodding his head.

"I guess it'll take my mind off things,"

As the 8th of March came, Freya was a little more prepared for her second full moon, now that a level of trust had been built between her and Remus. She felt this full moon would be different, somehow. For the last hour, she had been repeating the phrase. 'Don't be afraid of your wolf it's a part of you now,'

Over and over again she would repeat the phrase in her head, hoping to make the process easier. As she and Remus were escorted to the Whomping Willow, she took deep breaths. 'Don't be afraid, you did it once already,' she told herself even if provided little comfort.

Pain coursed through their bodies, only this time, Freya wasn't fighting it, 'don't be afraid, don't be afraid' pushing past her fear, allowing the pain to consume her. She successfully turned before Remus did, she cautiously approached him only for him to snap at her, she retreated to the corner and once again they remained distant throughout the night.