Chapter 1.9 - Calm before the Storm

2nd September 14:37

In a small brightly lit enclosed room with off-white walls and grey floor and no windows, there was a door in the middle of one wall and another on the opposite wall. Between the 2 doors is an open space with nothing obstructing it but on each side of the space next to the walls with no doors are 2 office like cubicle all with one person focused on their monitor and all wore a black suit with a red tie and the rumored "SCHOOL" pin badge on their collar.

In one of the cubicles, the monitor displayed a bird's eye view of an abandon facility with a large black car in what's left of the car park with a red cross on top. In the bottom left corner of the monitor's screen it says a set of coordinates followed by,"District 40". The person viewing the monitor is a man in his early twenties with short brown hair and brown eyes. Under his eyes are void-like black circles under his eyes. He then says to himself in a tired tone.

Man: I found it

He then proceeds to get up and walk to one of the doors and knocks on it 3 times before hearing a voice of a woman sounding around the age of early 20s with a prideful tone.

Woman: Enter.

The man then opens the door and enters immediately feeling a completely different atmosphere from the other room.The room was dimly lit, he looked forward to see a woman facing away from the door looking out of a small window looking onto a forest view with an urban landscape not too far behind it, while emitting a strong comfortable yet intimidating aura that almost felt suffocating to the man. She had long ,neat and straight black hair reaching down to her feet, which wore slippers and was wearing what the man could make out as a white kimono with red highlights. The man then spoke to the woman in a respectful and intimidated tone.

Man: We found the missing pod.

Woman: Send Scavenger to retrieve it.

The woman responded in a commanding tone to the man making the atmosphere feel less comfortable and more intimidating. The man then exited out of the room, closing the door behind him, leaving the woman in the room alone before speaking to herself in a scheming tone.

Woman: It won't be long now.

2nd September 14:41

Irido and Accelerator were stood in the dark room full of boxes with files in them. They were both in front of a box on there 3rd row up labeled, "23/47". They had there flashlights illuminating the box and it was covered with a horrendous amount of dust on it. But some parts were dust free in the shape of finger and hand marks. Accelerator after seeing that concluded a thought and shared it to Irido after clicking his tongue.

Accelerator: Tch. Someone has already taken stuff from here.

Irido: It seems so, we'll have to bear with the information we get.

Irido responded to Accelerator's observation with a tone of annoyance. The albino then nudged the doctor indicating him to move to the side, then Accelerator opened up his right hand and manipulated vectors to push some air, brushing the dust off the box. Dust flew around the air behind the box before settling down after a minute.

Irido then took out the box and put it on the floor ,which was surprisingly, and lifted it's lid up to reveal only a few of files in it, all vertically orientated. Irido then took out the first file, closest to the front and looked at the front cover, which was titled, "23/47 - Code:Icarus" followed underneath with in a smaller copy, "Profile - Level 4 Clearance Copy". Irido then mumbled to himself loud enough for Accelerator to hear.

Irido: So the girl is Seki Rie, huh.

Accelerator heard but kept quiet. Then the albino got next to the doctor, directing the light onto the file and Irido turned his light off and put it in his pocket then opened the file like a book as it was bound using 2 strings. Before he started reading the first page Accelerator asked Irido out of curiosity.