Story Time! On Easter!

Ah, spring time, one of my favourite times of the year. Animals were finally out and about, flowers were all in full bloom and the air was naturally scented by the fresh and clean smell of Mother Nature's creation. Her masterpiece signaled the beginning of a new day. The occasion was a chance for everyone to get a new start, a new beginning.

The special day was filled with the aura of a new hope. Easter was finally here.

I sat in my usual spot, a shady spot in the Oak tree I had taken care of for centuries. I remembered trying my best to help the refugees and victims of the war, by trying to brighten up their day with a new life. I did it to fuel them with the determination to keep going, to remind them about their families back home and the bigger families they could have if they just kept going. I reminded them to keep going strong, that there were unborn lives counting on them.

A new life, that to me, symbolized a chance for them to win the war and replenish the land with new lives of their own. A new life symbolized hope. Each life given meant that life was being given to that single being or organism, that there was still hope for us to live on. 

I knew it was The Easter Bunny's job to spread hope and faith to the world, but there was only so much he could do. I'd only just started a small spark, each attempt burning out without the attention needed to keep in going and growing. But Bunny was the one who set the wildfire going. 

Over the years, having no one to talk to, no one to turn to but me, my pen and paper, I've had more than enough time to think. I've always been the curious one, I tend to over-think things. I've been wondering about my memories for centuries. Even with fragments off them coming to me one by one, it was still hard to piece everything together. I could go over to the Tooth Palace, ask for my memories. But I didn't know if that was allowed, for a non-Guardian like myself. Even if it was allowed, I still wouldn't go. I was as anti-social as a rock, for your information. And I never got attention, anyways. I always hid away from other spirits, and children couldn't see me.

But that was a minute ago.

Before I even had a chance to react, a small child started screaming her head off at the top of her lungs. She was shouting for 'Bunny', also known as E. Aster Bunnymund, The Easter Bunny. At least that was who I thought she meant.

I quickly hid away, as other spirits could still see me. Her older brother, Jamie ran out of the house and called after her. "Is Bunny here yet, Soph?" He swept his eyes across his backyard, eager to catch a glimpse of the Easter Bunny. Because where there's Bunnymund, there would always be a Jack Frost near by.

"Where's Bunny, Sophie?" he asked, running up the his sister, Sophie, who was jumping up and down in excitement. I looked down, amused at their excitement for the arrival of the Easter Bunny. It was times like this I wished that kids would get excited over me.

Who knew my wish would come true the next moment.