𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 || 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

rip mao.

———

"PLAY THE MUSIC."

Hokuto, Makoto, and Subaru stood in front of Sakuma, their expressions sincere as they got ready to take on the third-year's challenge. Koga was released from his restraints and sat on the mat, poorly hiding his curiosity. The twins, Hinata and Yuta, flanked Rei's side as they mimicked each other looking excited. Anzu and Kenzo were huddled together behind the three second-years, one looking worried and the other looking interested.

"Hai," Anzu took her phone and started playing the same soundtrack they heard when they first met the group, Cherry Happy Stream.

Without hesitation the trio took their makeshift microphones and started dancing energetically, almost instantly lifting up the mood of the room. Anzu watched with an entranced look, his cousin feeling pleased as they managed to bring each other up despite piercing red eyes scrutinizing them.

They're really meant for each other... Kenzo felt a stab of nostalgia as Hokuto and Subaru shot each other a grin, looking like they got the choreography correct. As they got further into the song it looked like they didn't care about their audience at all, instead enjoying themselves as they sang their hearts out. They really are full of surprises.

"Funawari hanabira to Funny dance~

Zutto kyou wo mattetanda, YEAH!

Nenichi no supesharu kaanibaru,

Saa oide Join us! "

Kenzo glanced back at the others, pleased and slightly relieved that they too were feeling hyped. Rei rested his chin on his fingers, looking intrigued. The twins were jumping to the rhythm of the song, pumping their fists. Even Koga was interested, no matter how much he tried to hide it.

The three second-years carried it until to the end of the song, much to Kenzo's delight. The twins cheered, clapping their hands as the music died down. Rei nodded, standing up. "Now, for your ruling—"

"No, we've just started!" Interrupting the third-year, Hokuto glanced back at Anzu. "Please!"

"R-right!"

Fumbling with her phone, she quickly played the next soundtrack: Only Your Stars.

So this is what their unit is like... Kenzo cooed. Shining brightly for themselves and others...

It's just three though. Imagine what it's like when all of them are together.

---

"Alright, that's enough."

After a few more minutes, Rei decided to step in. As soon as they were told, Hokuto, Subaru, and Makoto almost collapsed on the floor, exhausted.

The third year grinned. "I've watched carefully your attitude toward 'revolution'." He crossed his arms. "What are you called?"

The ginger caught his breath before answering. "TrickStar! We'll show you just how shiny and sparkly we are!"

"TrickStar," Anzu mumbled, an unreadable expression on her face as she looked down at her phone.

Rei chuckled. "Well done, well done! You've passed without reservations. And," He looked at the girl. "it looks like she has also made up her mind."

Kenzo's cousin stood up and started clapping, having the three turn around. "Transfer student... no, Producer, will you take us on?" Subaru exclaimed, and she nodded, determined.

"I will."

Kenzo laughed, flashing them a smile. "As will I! Such a talented lot, you are!"

"Sugoii!" The ginger grabbed Anzu's hand and started shaking them gratefully. Makoto gave the two of them a grateful look, as well with Hokuto. "I can't wait! Let's all sparkle together!"

Getting up from his spot, he smiled warmly as the four embraced, joyful. I'm glad she found such a tight friend group so easily...

TrickStar... the name suits them. A rising star that everybody expects to be just like others, but surprise them with their unique flare.

Lucky them...

"No need to look so sullen, Ken-kun." Rei popped up next to Kenzo and softly slapped a hand on his back, a cheshire grin on his face. "This could be the change that you need as well."

"Since when did you get so wise," Kenzo joked, almost forcing a laugh. "...But I guess you're right."

"Hmm." The other third-year hummed out a laugh of his own before turning to the group of second-years. "TrickStar! I will help you. Hokuto Hidaka," He looked at the dark-haired student, who looked shocked.

"Why do you know my name—"

"You are too worried about being considerate to other people," Rei interrupted, waving a hand. "On the stage, you should pour out your whole heart and soul without worry. Therefore," He gestured to the first-years. "You will train with the twins."

Kenzo chuckled as Hokuto flinched back when Hinata and Yuta jumped over to him, grinning wildly. Sakuma continued. "Makoto Yuuki. You must retrain your weak mind and body. Puppy... I'm counting on you."

Anzu scrambled to Kenzo's side as Koga jumped at Makoto, thoroughly scaring the poor second-year.

"And finally, Subaru Akehoshi."

The ginger stiffened slightly. "Yes?"

The self-proclaimed vampire paused. "You're a genius... but you're the opposite of Hidaka. It's like you don't know how to match other people. Therefore, you will stay with the young lady and Ken-kun for a while and do everything they do."

The cousins glanced at each other before looking at Subaru. "Huh?"

"I'm sure there will be things you realize while doing so." Rei pointed a finger. "If you do this, then the path TrickStar should take will be settled on naturally."

The second-year pouted. "I don't really get it, but if we can be even more sparkly with that..."

"?!"

"E-eh?"

He grabbed a hand each from Kenzo and Anzu and started shaking them vigorously. "Then I'll give it my all, transfer student, Zo-Zo!"

The said male managed a chuckle. "As will I."

Rei looked pleased as he walked over to the window to draw the curtains . "You're aiming for the S1 in two weeks, right. That's when we will rise to action. The day of the revolution.

"Please, show me a light so blinding that it will turn us to ash, you starts with precious, beloved, and shining dreams hidden in you!"

It's going to happen now, I guess. Kenzo sneaked a glance at the other students, who looked ready. I'm not sure about my side though...

"Kenzo Shintani."

He blinked at Rei using his full name. The other third-year looked somewhat serious as he acknowledged him. "This is not the same Academy you were at half a year ago. You need to learn how to adapt just like the others and release your grip on your past. It will drag you down if you don't do so, which can unfortunately take down your friends too."

Anzu slowly took her cousin's hand, who tightened his grip on substantially. "You still have people who look up to you. Please, do not disappoint them as we all did."

A familiar pain washed over both Kenzo and Rei, and the two broke their gaze. "I can't promise, Rei," He muttered. "But I'll try."

"Don't worry, my little prince. I'll make sure you will grow into a worthy leader that will change the idol industry for years to come."