Akainu x Reader. Soft hearted.

-AN-
Oka...I'll be honest. Writing for Akainu brakes every rule I ever set about my one piece fan-ness-ness. Cause...ya know...Ace. Anyway, I won't deny he's bad ass. Definitely one of the strongest characters. So, I guess writing for him won't be so bad... Enjoy!

The carriage came to a stop in front of the familiar house. And the admiral felt an immediate sense of relief just seeing the brick structure. He sighed heavily, and shifted his bulky form from the carriage. Waving off the man stationed at the front.

It was about 7 in the evening, the sky was an exuberant orange, off pink-ish clouds scattered about the orange canvas.

Slowly, he approached the house. Taking a deep breath as his glove hand laid upon the brass knob. He twisted it, and walked in. Making a mental note to remind his beloved to lock the damn door.

"(Y/n)?"

He called softly, the usual cold exterior he built around himself, toppling.

"Love, where are you?"

He called out again. A sense of dread washed over him, and he set about hurrying around the house in search of his wife. As he passes the kitchen window, he does a double take.

There you were, laying on the grass, arms folded behind your head.

He smiled at the sight of you, making his way to the back door where he watched you sing quietly to yourself. Eyes closed, a small smile on your lips.

"Saa hajime you!Atarashii sekai ga yonde iru.

Hora mite goran!

Ikutsu no umi hedateteita toshite mo .

Itsudatte sasaeteiru .

Osorezu ni mae he,

Wasurenai de

We fight together!"

Chuckling softly, his voice reaches your ears, making your eyes crack open. The second you lay notice to the marine cap atop his head, your face lights up.

"Akainu!"

You call out, climbing to your feet, and running towards him. You grip his large stature into a hug, gripping him tightly as he hugs you back.

"You've been gone so long, I've missed you!"

You cry out, pulling back and gazing happily into his, usually blank, hazel eyes.

"I know, I'm sorry. I missed you to, love."

He states, leaning down and pecking your lips. Giggling happily, you grab his hand and tug him into the cliff-side house. Once he is stationed in the living room, you pull off his cap, and his admirals coat.

He examines the room whilst you hang them up, noticing that nothing has changed since he left. When you run back through, you sit him down on the sofa.

"I'll go make us something to eat, and when I get back, we can talk about what you've been up to, ok?"

You gush, already halfway to the kitchen. He smiles and nods. As he awaits your return, he thinks about how lucky he is to have landed a girl like you. No...not a girl like you...Just you.

Your farther had been a previous marine admiral before him, so you grew up surrounded by marines. A close family friend of yours, Smoker, had initially introduced him to you. And since then, a bond had formed.

As he surrenders himself to his thoughts, he doesn't notice when you return with a tray of ginger-bread biscuits in hand.

"Akainu~ Earth to admiral~"

"Hmm?"

"Hehe, come on! I wanna hear about what you've been up to."

He nods, and begins to tell you about his endeavours. Telling you about marineford, and all the occurrences there.

"Such a shame..."

You mutter, Akainu frowns.

"He was a pirate, (y/n). The son of Rodger, no less. I had to."

You shake your head.

"No, I don't mean it like that. I mean, it's a shame he decided to become a pirate. Such a young boy, had he decided to follow another path, maybe he could've redeemed his demonly status...whipped the slate clean."

(Sorry, you can feel the fan slipping through...)

You mutter disappointedly. Akainu simply hummed.

"Perhaps."

There's a small silence, until he casts his eyes up to the grand clock on the wall. He stands up and offers you a hand.

"I think it's time for bed, now. I'm exhausted."

He states, and you smile and nod, making your way up stairs. You both change, and brush your teeth. Before climbing under the silk covers of the king sized bed, which felt warmer now with his presence.

He pulled you close, and kissed your hair.

"I love you, (y/n). I will always protect you from those damn pirates."

He mumbles, making you giggle sleepily.

"I know you will. I love you too, Akainu."

You yawn, before falling asleep in the arms of your husband.