You Used To Call Me Amadea

"Where the hell am I?" I asked groggily to no one in particular, waking up to unfamiliar surroundings.

I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light that was streaming into the room from a window with its curtains drawn back. Potted plants peeked at me from the windowsill where they all sat, taking in the brilliant rays of sunlight. I felt the soft and worn material of the blanket that had been draped over me underneath my fingertips as well as the soft and fluffy pillows that my head had been resting on.

My nose twitched at all the new smells coming from all around me. I knew this wasn't my place, or anywhere I knew. But this place...it felt....well, like home. It felt so familiar, like life before this, back on Hyperion. But other than my own home, I've never been anywhere else that had that familiar homey vibe. It calmed me, and it also scared me to find somewhere like this.

"You're awake," came a deep voice, tinged with that damn familiar Aussie accent.

Oh fuck.

Please don't tell me it's-

I looked over, only to lock eyes with the tall Pooka, bright green emerald eyes staring back at me.

"You're awake," he repeated, this time inching a little closer and eventually seating himself beside me on the bed. "No shit, Sherlock," I grumbled back, inching myself farther away from him on the bed, not really liking the sudden invasion of personal space. Nor the fact that I was in his bed, judging by the overwhelming scent of him in the pillows and the sheets.

He only snorted at my response, not saying anything else. A blanket of awkwardness sudden fell over us as silence filled the room. I ran a paw through the fur on my head and groaned, suddenly feeling the soreness start to inch into my bones.

"How long was I out?" I asked, afraid to even wait for the answer. If Febe hadn't turned out like I'd wanted, then there was no way I would have gotten that serum. And no serum meant that I was probably out for a really long time. "Two days," he replied, turning to look at me. I perked up at that. "Huh. Not bad," I commented to myself, looking up and bringing my legs up towards my chest, leaning my arms on my knees. "What d'ya mean?" he asked, confused. "Normally without the serum, it'd take around a week or two fer me ta fully heal after usin' that much energy at once," I explained.

"So Febe turned out like I'd wanted her to. Huh. I didn't lose my touch after all," I mused.

"You created Febe and transferred Daphne's energy into 'er?" he guessed. I tensed at the mention of Daffy's name, but shook it off. I could let him catch me off guard like this. So I quickly answered him to make up for the few moments I had spazzed out.

"Yea, but not quite."

"Whadaya mean?" he frowned, more confused than ever.

I was about to open my mouth to answer him when-