( nine ) of course you know where it is.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮:"𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮:
"𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎
𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

MACKENZIE HAD GONE back to her house after leaving the Creel house. Her mother had tried to stop her from going up the stairs, demanding where she had been, but Mackenzie ignored her and went to her room anyways. Maybe it was petty, but what her mom had told her the other night was still fresh in her mind. She didn't like the attachment she had to Will? That was complete bullshit. Besides, Mackenzie had bigger things to focus on.

She woke up quite early the next morning, throwing on a red long-sleeved shirt, a pair of jeans, and her red Converse. Mackenzie left her hair down but pinned the two front pieces back. Once she had completely finished getting ready, she went down the stairs and slipped out the door, where she hopped on her pink bike and rode to the Wheelers. Nancy was waiting in the car in her driveway with Robin, Steve, Max, Lucas, and Dustin. They had come up with a lie that they were going to the movies, and thankfully, all of their parents let them go (not that Mackenzie asked.)

The group went to the grocery store to stock up on snacks for Eddie, remembering Mackenzie's promise to him yesterday of getting him food. It took a bit longer than expected because Dustin kept inputting his opinions on certain foods and changing the snacks, but nevertheless, they managed to get some food. Now, they were heading back to Reefer Rick's house. Mackenzie sat comfortably between Max and Lucas in the backseat, listening to the music that was playing from the radio.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit?" Robin asked from the passenger seat. "'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine," Nancy reassured her.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really, can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve replied from the very back of he car, holding up a six-pack of beer while eating a can of Pringles with Dustin.

"That's what my mom does," Max stated, making Mackenzie frown.

"Why don't we just give it a trial run?" Robin suggested. "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about, and the Gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. Like, he's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And no no, I know that you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed."