( twelve ) whatever his name is, I'm still punching him.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮:"𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮:
"𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜, 𝙸'𝚖
𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

THE EARLY MORNING light shone through the windows, casting a golden glow into Max's trailer. They had moved there after Steve and a very shaken-up Nancy came back from the Upside Down. From the very few words that Nancy had spoken since she came back, Vecna didn't want to kill Nancy. He just wanted to show her visions and tell her a message. According to that message, Vecna was also Henry Creel (Victor Creel's son), and was One, the original subject at Hawkins Lab who had powers.

Talk about a plot twist.

And, it turns out, Mackenzie had been right about her Vecna theory. It made her feel kind of smart, but also completely horrified because he had targeted Will so many times.

They all gathered around in Max's living room, looking at Nancy. Mackenzie leaned against the wall next to Max, her arms crossed across her chest as she stared at Nancy in concern. Megan sat on the arm of the couch in front of her next to Steve. Mackenzie could feel her little sister's glances every so often, but Mackenzie couldn't be focused on the fact that her little sister was caught up with this shit at this given moment. Right now, she needed to hear what Vecna showed Nancy.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet," Nancy revealed, her voice hoarse and tears streaming down her face. "The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire, dead soldiers. And this . . . this giant creature with . . . a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then . . . he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they . . . they were all . . ."

She didn't even need to say the word. Mackenzie averted her gaze to the ground. The thought of Mike being dead was horrifying to her. Sure, he was annoying and sometimes an asshole, but they were still best friends. Mackenzie couldn't live without him (but she would never admit that to him, it would just inflate his ego.)

"Okay, but . . . he's just trying to scare you, Nance," Steve insisted. "Right? I mean . . . I mean, it's not real."

"Not yet," Nancy replied. "But there . . . there was something else. He showed me Gates. Four Gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these Gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but . . . they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."